GDT: Devils..Free Agent signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Wow Quinn looks really excited about playing with Tucker Poolman
I freaked when I saw the Poolman deal. I get that he’s only making 2.5m but if you commit to four years to fringe bottom pair defenseman to get it down to that number then the negotiations have gone awry.

And then I realize that Benning signed five, yes five, RD today (Poolman, Hamonic, Schenn, and two dudes on two-ways) in part because he let Chris Tanev walk away last off-season on a 4 years/4.5m deal. Hamonic got 2 years/3m.
130C843D-DF30-4720-82CD-931CEA362D95.png

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I freaked when I saw the Poolman deal. I get that he’s only making 2.5m but if you commit to four years to fringe bottom pair defenseman to get it down to that number then the negotiations have gone awry.

And then I realize that Benning signed five, yes five, RD today (Poolman, Hamonic, Schenn, and two dudes on two-ways) in part because he let Chris Tanev walk away last off-season on a 4 years/4.5m deal. Hamonic got 2 years/3m.
View attachment 457530

Well obviously Tucker Poolman at 4 years 2.5 is better than Tanev at 4 years 4.5...

Reactions: Guttersniped

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I read the quote. Sounds like just speculation about how it "makes sense"

I don't think Friedman would have backed off that unless those talks cooled off. We might circle back, but it seems Saad is the target right now.

Saad will go first, and then St. Louis will try to pressure the loser in paying the price.

Reactions: MartysBetter1996

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Isles haven't done much. Keeping Palms which is a plus, but signing Zach is a bit lol.

Tom Wilson broke the Rags exactly like we hoped.

Philly making all sorts of weird choices.

Carolina having a rough day. Scumbag and Bear aren't bad on ice, but losing Dougie is a big blow and their goaltending is a giant question mark now.

Washington seemed pretty inactive? Still going to be a pain in our ass.

Reactions: Hisch13r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad