GDT: Devils..Free Agent signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The only thing that I've seen from Fitz that appears a bit questionable is the rumored interest in Risto.

Everything else looks like a guy with a pretty accurate read on both the team and the pool of talent available via trade and free agency. I guess it'd be nice if our drafting started to lean more towards high ceiling / high IQ players again?

I think he was kicking tires on all available D because it badly needed upgrading.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
NHL coaches never make bad or weird decisions...

When your team reaches the finals and got in by the skin of their teeth, I’d say he was making the right calls but hey, what do I know, right?

Same thing for Vegas, who gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th to healthy the guy.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What....

This could be the biggest Devils off-season ever.....

This is nuts.

lol Biggest since 2 years ago? This is more promising though. Also if he actually had something he'd just tweet it. He's probably just giving a big update on where everything stands

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
When your team reaches the finals and got in by the skin of their teeth, I’d say he was making the right calls but hey, what do I know, right?

Same thing for Vegas, who gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th to healthy the guy.

Honestly, I don't give a shit about what Tatar does in the playoffs anyway. The guy put up 20+ goals and 50+ points the previous two years to this one. Don't you think that kind of production could help? I'll worry about whether we need to scratch him in the playoffs when we actually get there.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If we do get Saad and Tarasenko then how does the top 9 shake out? That's 7 wingers and 2 centers. Dear help me god if they move Zacha back to center. I like the idea of giving Kuokkanen a shot in the middle and seeing how it goes. I'm really curious what the Saad deal looks like. I feel like they're smart enough to not over commit on the term but it's a scary possibility
I dislike going heavy on winger. A lesson GMs should potentially learn from Tampa is centers are always better, most of their forwards are centers and the flexibility is huge plus. Tampa has 10 forwards listed as a Center, two listed as a LW and three listed as a RW (and one, Barre-Boulet who’s a C, is listed as F) on Hockey-Reference.com.

It’s why I was interested in Pius Suter. I’m not going to freak out if we get Saad, I like goals too.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Honestly, I don't give a shit about what Tatar does in the playoffs anyway. The guy put up 20+ goals and 50+ points the previous two years to this one. Don't you think that kind of production could help? I'll worry about whether we need to scratch him in the playoffs when we actually get there.

Exactly. His regular season production rate has been incredible since he got to Montreal and his underlying numbers are great as well. He's a stop gap to make the team competitive and push for the playoffs until the young guys are ready.

The Rochester Rocket

Feb 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Speculation NJ and Carolina are in on Tarasenko

Attachments

• 39C72C76-432E-4A88-ACB3-88B4D4A70A7C.jpeg
    39C72C76-432E-4A88-ACB3-88B4D4A70A7C.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events