GDT: Devils..Free Agent signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Isles haven't done much. Keeping Palms which is a plus, but signing Zach is a bit lol.

Tom Wilson broke the Rags exactly like we hoped.

Philly making all sorts of weird choices.

Carolina having a rough day. Scumbag and Bear aren't bad on ice, but losing Dougie is a big blow and their goaltending is a giant question mark now.

Washington seemed pretty inactive? Still going to be a pain in our ass.
The Isles have to do something about their defense, specifically the left side. If there’s no announcement about Parise and/or Palms and/or Zajac then we can assume they have handshake deals like Greene did last season with Lou.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Isles have to do something about their defenses, specifically the left side. If there’s no announcement about Parise and/or Palms and/or Zajac then we can assume they have handshake deals like Greene did last season with Lou.

What's Volchenkov up to these days?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Think Armstrong is 100% using Rutherford as a mouthpiece to whatever loses Saad sweepstakes tomorrow, tomorrow is going to be another scrolling twitter day lol

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Think Armstrong is 100% using Rutherford as a mouthpiece to whatever loses Saad sweepstakes tomorrow, tomorrow is going to be another scrolling twitter day lol

If that happens and he's trying to squeeze you then you turn around and sign Tatar (I'd rather do that anyway)

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
thing is we don't have enough centers on the roster unless they plan on moving someone like Kuokkanen there

right now Boqvist has to play C because him, Nico, Jack, and Mikey are the only true centers
I would be fine with Bo being the expected 3c coming into the season. With that said adding someone that could let him play in the AHL this year or someone more long term I would be fine with it.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What's Volchenkov up to these days?
I thought maybe Parise a wasn’t going to end up on the Isles, that the retread thing can’t happen every time, right?, and now we might see an New York Islanders team with Andy Greene, Kyle Palmieri, Zach Parise, and Travis Zajac all on it? Really Lou? They weren’t even on the same Devils teams. (I don’t think Schneider is coming back, unfortunately for him the taxi squad thing is over. I wonder if he will retire.)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I thought maybe Parise a wasn’t going to end up on the Isles, that the retread thing can’t happen every time, right?, and now we might see an New York Islanders team with Andy Greene, Kyle Palmieri, Zach Parise, and Travis Zajac all on it? Really Lou? They weren’t even on the same Devils teams. (I don’t think Schneider is coming back, unfortunately for him the taxi squad thing is over. I wonder if he will retire.)

At least Palms isn't a retread. Retreads are one of Lou's trademarks and we can't expect a near 80 year old man to change his ways

Reactions: TheDuke93

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Well if it’s just Carolina, Colorado and us then the odd are very good that we were the highest bidder on Saad, just going by how those other two teams have been bidding this off-season. Maybe the Avs offer was reasonable but the Canes likely offered 1.9m and an Amazon gift card.

Us being the highest bidders scares me but hopefully with Carolina being cheap and Colorado maybe not wanting to spend that much it won't be high. The term of Saad is what worries me

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Well if it’s just Carolina, Colorado and us then the odd are very good that we were the highest bidder on Saad, just going by how those other two teams have been bidding this off-season. Maybe the Avs offer was reasonable but the Canes likely offered 1.9m and an Amazon gift card.

Avs have the contending part that is there advantage. They probably offered less money but a chance at a cup run. Where as Carolina is a good team but might question marks so likely a bubble team. Then us, who freaking knows. We are probably on the outside right now but Are selling in the near future in a season or two of being a really good team.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
At least Palms isn't a retread. Retreads are one of Lou's trademarks and we can't expect a near 80 year old man to change his ways
I think it's not retreads... aged veterans have been a Lou favorite as long as he's been a GM.

Lou has never been afraid to add a player in the dying days of their career. In fact we had one on every cup team.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I am trying to weigh how the rest of the Metro did.

Did Pitt do anything of note today?
The Pens have no cap space. They are approaching an off-season in 2022 when a ton of contracts, including Malkin’s, are ending though. Just in time for them to tank for a generational player in 2023 and start the process all over again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

How many times can we eat the Canes lunch in one offseason?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Unless they’re serving fish sticks in the cafeteria no to Tatar.

The only possible downside I can see to Tatar is his questionable playoffs. I don't care about that because I'm far more worried about just getting there while also not hampering the future. Tatar is great option to make that happen

Reactions: TheDuke93

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The only possible downside I can see to Tatar is his questionable playoffs. I don't care about that because I'm far more worried about just getting there while also not hampering the future. Tatar is great option to make that happen

He's a little undersized too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->