Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one in shootout to Tampa -Blowing leads is our specialty edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

We blew a lead to a great offense on the road. It happens. It sucks, but we got a point out of it.

It's like people complain so hard about how this team played and are still unsatisfied with getting a point out of it. It's like, what do you want? People forget there's another team out there trying just as hard to win. I thought both teams played okay, and neither won really stood out more than the other. We lost a skills competition. That's it.

We can play with any team in the East, aside from Boston. We just match up horribly with them. As long as this team gets in the playoffs and dodges them as long as possible, I think we can make another run. I'm not as confident saying that as I was at this time last year, but let's keep in mind we haven't been even close to a healthy team in nearly 8 weeks. We're going to get healthy right in time to close out the season, provided we don't lose anyone else.

We've stayed afloat through all the injuries. If you go back to prior threads, that's what most people wanted, a 5-8 seed through all the injuries, get healthy right before the playoffs. Well that's where we're at and it's apparently not good enough.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
just take 3 of 4 in the south.

And then take 2 against the POS Fishsticks in regulation preferrably, and all will be fine. Hopefully Pittsburgh shows up tomorrow too. Hate to root for those ****ers, but it's best for us!:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We blew a lead to a great offense on the road. It happens. It sucks, but we got a point out of it.

It's like people complain so hard about how this team played and are still unsatisfied with getting a point out of it. It's like, what do you want? People forget there's another team out there trying just as hard to win. I thought both teams played okay, and neither won really stood out more than the other. We lost a skills competition. That's it.

We can play with any team in the East, aside from Boston. We just match up horribly with them. As long as this team gets in the playoffs and dodges them as long as possible, I think we can make another run. I'm not as confident saying that as I was at this time last year, but let's keep in mind we haven't been even close to a healthy team in nearly 8 weeks. We're going to get healthy right in time to close out the season, provided we don't lose anyone else.

We've stayed afloat through all the injuries. If you go back to prior threads, that's what most people wanted, a 5-8 seed through all the injuries, get healthy right before the playoffs. Well that's where we're at and it's apparently not good enough.

The thing is we gotta start winning some games. Scoring 4 without some of our best players, and still losing just seems like a missed opportunity. I just don't have a lot of confidence in this team right now. If Volchenkov is out tonight I'll have a little more confidence. We also have to play Florida's blimp. This team struggles highly against these big goalies. I'm not sure why, but they just do. It seems like they just don't know where to shoot on these guys.

Markstrom isn't that good. Just the other night he gave up a goal from almost the blue line to little Nathan Gerbe, no screen or deflection. The shot wasn't even that quick. It was little Gerbe for ****s sakes!:laugh:

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
i slept through this game and had a dream about digging a ditch with a guy i used to work with, then we smoked weed in the dream. then i woke up and smoked weed in real life. that was probably better then this game.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
There is no way this team has any chance of winning this year. So Lou should just stand pat and maybe get rid of some of the terrible d-men we have.

This was a terrible loss and maybe season changing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Two two-goal leads. TWO two-goal leads. The Devils have won one game on the road in five weeks.

You can say we're still in good position if we win the next two (I did last night) but please don't 'attempt' to sugar-coat that disaster last night. And it was a disaster after three days off when they were supposed to be refreshed. Not just the blown leads - they were sloppy from pillar to post.

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
There is no way this team has any chance of winning this year. So Lou should just stand pat and maybe get rid of some of the terrible d-men we have.

Didn't you say that last year to and they came really close. :):sarcasm:

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Waive Harrold, Sit Volch...Insert Tallinder+Larsson

Waive Harrold? What are you smoking over there...your underwear? He's been solid for us since he came in despite what happened last night. Those goals against him doesn't solely fall onto his shoulder neither.

If Lou does nothing the trade deadline, no matter what...Volch, Tallinder, Salvador, Urbom, Tedenby, JJ & Barch ALL need to be traded elsewhere for either players or draft picks.

All of them have proved that they no longer can play at the level the Devils require in their system.

However, we know Lou won't do it because of __________________. (insert dumb reason here)

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Waive Harrold? What are you smoking over there...your underwear? He's been solid for us since he came in despite what happened last night. Those goals against him doesn't solely fall onto his shoulder neither.

If Lou does nothing the trade deadline, no matter what...Volch, Tallinder, Salvador, Urbom, Tedenby, JJ & Barch ALL need to be traded elsewhere for either players or draft picks.

All of them have proved that they no longer can play at the level the Devils require in their system.

However, we know Lou won't do it because of __________________. (insert dumb reason here)

Wait wait wait, what am I smoking? You're suggesting trading 3 of 8 roster defensemen, Volch sure. Tallinder and Salvador? Salvador saved a goal last night and Tallinder has been hurt. In 12 games Peter Harrold is a -8. Yeah Sal and Zid are -6's but atleast thats over the course of 33 games. Harrold can contribute offensively, great.

Barch, the only goon we've had who can actually play hockey? I'm giving Tedenby 1 more year then I will agree and I've never been a Josefson fan.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

i agree with nothing you said. other than it was a horrible loss. there is no such thing as a loss that changes an nhl season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not excusing Harrold, who's eminently replaceable - but did you actually see the goals against last night or just look at a statline? At least two of them were on Conechenkov primarily. What's Harrold supposed to do when Conechenkov lets the puck hit off of him and loses sight of Stamkos right behind him on the first goal? Or when Nate Thompson blows by Conechenkov from several strides behind on the second goal.

The fact that a guy coaching his first NHL game knows enough to get Stamkos on the ice against Gionta's line and Volch's pairing as much as humanly possible isn't troubling in itself. The fact PDB did nothing to counteract it is.

Last edited:

NC107*

First loss of this season after which I'm genuinely pissed off. We could've had the 2 points if we'd have shown somewhat of a defensive effort. Pathetic.

2 points tomorrow or bust. **** this.[/QUOTE

How about keeping the puck out of the net. Blew a 2 point lead and then didn't stop in SO. Devils are 2-6 in SO this season with Marty 0-3.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Really belong is what I responded to.I don't care if they belong there, its what they do when they get there.

Yeah but what makes you really think they're going to do anything when they get there, if they get there with such a low total? People say the eighth-seeded Kings last year, they actually had 95 points and won 40 games.

I actually looked it up, the last time team(s) with 36 total wins or fewer made the playoffs was 2002-03, pre-shootout obviously. Boston, the Isles, Tampa and Edmonton all made it with 36 wins or fewer. Three of them were quickly dismissed in the first round. Tampa got home ice against division rival Washington since they won the Southleast, and won that series but got bounced by the Devils quickly in Round #2.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
since some games i am a BIG fan of Loki and Carter. I mean, really. Both guys play awesome.

Lokis technical abilities are outstanding IMO. he can outplay 1,2 D-men easily and stay with the puck. he got mad assistant skills, works hard at the board.

Carter just developes more and more into a complete player!

any chance these guys stay in NJ?

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
since some games i am a BIG fan of Loki and Carter. I mean, really. Both guys play awesome.

Lokis technical abilities are outstanding IMO. he can outplay 1,2 D-men easily and stay with the puck. he got mad assistant skills, works hard at the board.

Carter just developes more and more into a complete player!

any chance these guys stay in NJ?

Honestly at this point I'm hoping Loki and carter are getting raises mainly Loki though. Money would be wasted on Clarkson if he gets a huge pay raise at the point in time

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
@RealKyper: #Lightning Nate Thompson has a scheduled#NHL discipline hearing 2day for hit on #Devils D'Agostini near mid-pt of 2nd period Fri night

It's amazing how the refs missed that regardless of a makeup call

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Carter's signed through next year. Lokti shouldn't be a problem unless he wants the payday in Russia more than a guaranteed NHL spot in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad