Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one in shootout to Tampa -Blowing leads is our specialty edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Ok go blank yourself with that comment and the other guy can blank himself too. Where did I say he wasn't valuable? I just said the idea that he's too valuable to be moved for a forward upgrade is asinine. A forward helps us much more than Fayne, who isn't playing particularly well now and isn't anything that couldn't be replaced when he is playing well. So you can get off your high horse and shove your post where the sun don't shine.

It's got to be a damn good forward to be an upgrade over what Fayne brings to this team.

Take away Fayne and that means we have Salvador and Harrold and Volchenkov on the ice more at ES to soak up his minutes.

I'm not trading Fayne for scrubs like Mason Raymond or Clarke MacArthur.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Just because he's on the Devils doesn't mean I don't have the right to trash him! He brings nothing to the table IMO, and it's very telling of the quality of our D that he gets playing time. And in my opinion his positioning is very questionable, and how often have you ever seen that "low, tippable shot" ever go in?

I didn't say that. But Fayne's trashing here is not merited. Given our franchise history, Devils fans should always be able to recognise and appreciate good defence when they see it, and in Fayne's case, too many of our fans are failing that test.

Fayne is a legitimate middle pairing defenceman, it is not nearly as absurd as you make it out to be that he gets middle pairing time.

And his shots don't go in because you need someone in front tipping the shots and most of our forwards don't do it.

Gear Bear

Oct 5, 2011
To the bolded:

Really? I often see Fayne out of position in the defensive zone.

When have you seen Mark Fayne join the rush?

Fayne rarely pinches.

I don't think one of Mark Faynes "deflectable" shots has ever gone in this year.

Look at our defensemen! It's no secret why he plays a lot!

Can you tell me who DOESN'T get modest point production on the Devils blue-line? (Besides Sal, who has also been unimpressive.

Mark Fayne does not always make the smart play and I've seen him panic with the puck. (Especially last night)

My opinion, Mark Fayne is not excellent, and a mediocre, bottom-pairing defensemen.

Long time listener, first time caller yada yada yada, but I just had to respond to this. I've been reading this board for quite some time and I don't understand how people can feel this way about Fayne. I sometimes feel like people weren't paying attention during the playoffs last year because Fayne IMO was our most dependable, consistent defensive player.

From reading your other posts I assume you think Larsson should be getting more time. I can think of about two things Larsson does better than Fayne currently. And Fayne is far more dependable in the defensive zone than Larsson at this point. Of course Larsson's ceiling is higher than Fayne's, but do you think Fayne is done developing as well? He is only 25 years old.

I guess part of this is our fan base is spoiled and tends to complain for the hell of it. We should be optimistic about our young d-men. It could be so much worse. Not too long ago Mike Mottau was playing 2nd pairing minutes... Rant over. Carry on.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Long time listener, first time caller yada yada yada, but I just had to respond to this. I've been reading this board for quite some time and I don't understand how people can feel this way about Fayne. I sometimes feel like people weren't paying attention during the playoffs last year because Fayne IMO was our most dependable, consistent defensive player.

From reading your other posts I assume you think Larsson should be getting more time. I can think of about two things Larsson does better than Fayne currently. And Fayne is far more dependable in the defensive zone than Larsson at this point. Of course Larsson's ceiling is higher than Fayne's, but do you think Fayne is done developing as well? He is only 25 years old.

I guess part of this is our fan base is spoiled and tends to complain for the hell of it. We should be optimistic about our young d-men. It could be so much worse. Not too long ago Mike Mottau was playing 2nd pairing minutes... Rant over. Carry on.

I like you, lets be friends.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Fayne is a solid defender who is having a sort of off year and much of that I attribute to the circus management of the 8 d-men on the roster. He didn't look all that great last night but what else can you expect after he had been sitting for 3 weeks, healthy no less. He'll find his way.

apice3*

I think the Fayne haters exist to get the Devils fan base to come together and forget about hating each other and hate them instead, like Herb Brooks did with team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad