Post-Game Talk: Devils def. Canucks - 3-2

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Granlund and Sutter losing out 5on5 again?

Granlund hasn't been a positive player in any of his past 20 games. minus player in last 6 and 8/10.

Last edited:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Gudbranson had a horrendous game from what I saw. I think the only hope here is a new GM that will come in and clean a lot of these players out. Doubt Benning will move these guys and admit his error.

Benning doubles down on his mistakes. Lawd, help us!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Hutton 26:49 TOI

g600616996.gif

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Granlund and Sutter losing out 5on5 again?

Granlund hasn't been a positive player in any of his past 20 games. minus player in last 6 and 8/10.

Gudbranson, Granlund, and Sutter all look to be in contention for the green jacket this year at -13, -12, and -12 respectively. Add Hutton and his -11, and you have 4 Canucks among the 7 worst +/- in the league.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Gudbranson, Granlund, and Sutter all look to be in contention for the green jacket this year at -13, -12, and -12 respectively. Add Hutton and his -11, and you have 4 Canucks among the 7 worst +/- in the league.
Can they match Edlers epic -39 from a couple years back tho?

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Who cares? One of them was 5 on 3

The whole Sedin thing on this thread started when a poster said they have not always shown enough pushback and got ganged up on by all the sensitive Sedin defenders.

If people cannot admit the Sedins did not show enough pushback in the Cup Finals than they have lost objectivity. To be fair they are not as soft as some call them out for but they have also not always showed enough pushback either.

No fan should be blamed because they are ready for change after 16 years of the same thing and want bigger, faster and grittier players in the top 6. They do exist.

It's a shame that no one on that entire 2011 team, top to bottom, could find the back of the net in that series. It would have spared us all this tired old argument. The biggest problem in that series was the Canucks powerplay going quiet, not the Sedins forgetting to put their man pants on.

On the other hand, it's understandable to want to move on at this point and see something new. Sports is a vicarious activity, from a fan's perspective. Fans actually feel the same thrills and agonies as the players. After watching so much heartbreak personified by the Sedins, it's natural to want to turn the page and feel the heartbreak with somebody knew (us being Canucks fans, I wouldn't expect to feel the thrill of victory any time soon). I just don't think it has much to do with the Sedins themselves.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Intresting henrik mentioned 2-3 times that the d aren't getting involved enough and said after the game," sitting back too much.. From the backend all the way up"

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wow Gudbranson looks alright in sheltered/limited minutes, but he turns into a tire fire when he's relied on to be more than a depth guy.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Intresting henrik mentioned 2-3 times that the d aren't getting involved enough and said after the game," sitting back too much.. From the backend all the way up"

Well the only one of that lot even capable of driving any offense is Stecher. The rest probably should sit back.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Not necessarily the first time Hankie has mentioned this, though..

To me, it's a small jab - at more than one person and/or coach - to play less scared and defensive, and open it up a bit.

Heck, what do we have to lose?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Wow Gudbranson looks alright in sheltered/limited minutes, but he turns into a tire fire when he's relied on to be more than a depth guy.

He's had more than a bit of a rough go lately. Yet, he looked so much more confident and better at the beginning of the season. Hmmmm...

Confidence? Only 24, and first time in the big spotlight? Maybe he's got his confidence shaken a bit lately? Too many question marks typed in this paragraph?

I think he'll bounce back.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's no denying it....Gudbranson may be a stand-up-guy, but he's an unmitigated catastrophe in his one zone. He's Andrew Alberts bad. And while you pray Philip Larsen is OK, the reality is, he just isn't physically strong enough to be an NHL d-man. I was worried about the punishment he was taking in pre-season.

.....And to think these two guys cost us a former first rounder (McCann), a high second rounder a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder. Four draft picks flushed away for a fifth pairing d-man and a guy who's undoubtedly heading back to Europe. As a Canuck fan it's enough to make you sick to your stomach.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Not necessarily the first time Hankie has mentioned this, though..

To me, it's a small jab - at more than one person and/or coach - to play less scared and defensive, and open it up a bit.

Heck, what do we have to lose?

I think hank is jabbing at the coaching staff personally. Fair. From a future 1000 point hall of famer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad