Post-Game Talk: Devils def. Canucks - 3-2

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Who cares?....a guy who was promoted to the third line with zero goals for the season. It would be addition by subtraction...at least Willie would be forced to play Gaunce for more than five minutes.

We need Hansen, Rodin back and Virtanen showing life by the 2nd half. Watching Skille, Megna, Chaput on the team is painful.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Yeah, those graphs illustrate perfectly what utter domination it was for NJ last night.

Without a huge game from Markstrom and some missed open nets from NJ, that could have been a 6-1 game. Easily.

From that graph, the high-quality shots from inside 15-20 feet 5-on-5 appears to be about 11-2. We generated absolutely nothing from the middle of the ice all night.

LMAO, Marky had a good game?! But how, his sv% was lower than .900 loool.

Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
None reported, nor should there be (IMO). I don't think either his play nor Hall's hit are DPOS worthy. Both unfortunately resulted in injuries, but there was no malice of intent nor really a questionable play by either - Chaput seemed to simply catch Zajac off balance, as honestly, there's hundreds of little pushes like that each game, and Hall basically tucked his arms, let up and skated into Larsen body to body.

My two cents on both plays.

Yeah, Chaput's was maybe a tiny bit dirty but it was a small shove in a puck battle 15 feet out from the boards. The result there was really out-of-proportion with the actual play. Shoves like that happen dozens of times in every game and Zajac just happened to fall and slide really weirdly.

The Hall hit was clean as can be. Not a nice result, but a great hit. Want to see more of that in the game, not less. If there's any sort of discipline (or even if there had been a penalty on the play) it would be a complete joke.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah, Chaput's was maybe a tiny bit dirty but it was a small shove in a puck battle 15 feet out from the boards. The result there was really out-of-proportion with the actual play. Shoves like that happen dozens of times in every game and Zajac just happened to fall and slide really weirdly.

The Hall hit was clean as can be. Not a nice result, but a great hit. Want to see more of that in the game, not less. If there's any sort of discipline (or even if there had been a penalty on the play) it would be a complete joke.

Agreed. Wasnt dirty. Missed the 2nd and 3rd mostly was distracted when Larsen got hit and didnt have the sound on and had no idea who it was who got hit - looked small so thought it was Stretchster :(

Anyways how much longer willie got?

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
i only really watched the third. nobody was doing anything much but the sedins. one of those periods where you despair about the future. hopefully next game is a different result.

as much as the dump and chase adjustment has kept us in games, we are pretty bad at it.

Thanks, not gonna bother watching.

Not even one favourable post GDT comment about the Nucks play.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If Hall doesn't get suspended, which I don't think he should be, would Raffi Torres have a case against NHL for wrongful suspension from years ago?

By the way, if that was some random AHLer, throwing that hit on, say, Erik Karlsson....

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
If Hall doesn't get suspended, which I don't think he should be, would Raffi Torres have a case against NHL for wrongful suspension from years ago?

By the way, if that was some random AHLer, throwing that hit on, say, Erik Karlsson....

not sure about them sacrificing an ahl guy, but i think if you had a guy today who made clean legal hits that regularly resulted in guys getting hurt or going off in stretchers he would be told unofficially to tone it down and then suspended at the first possible borderline opportunity.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Torres didn't get suspended on his most similar hit:

yoss

May 25, 2011
I'm just dropping by to say that I hope Larsen is okay. I looked him up and noticed today is his birthday.
Any updates on him? Hated to see him get kicked in the head while he was down. Players have got to try harder to avoid being careless like that. Was awful watching that.
Anyways, I hope he's going to be fine.

Thanks, happy b-day to Larsen, also hope he's alright. That hit looked clean to me, granted I've only seen the replay a couple times but i have no problem with the hit.

Nice to see the twins continue racking up the points lately. Hansen out of the line-up really hurts the forward depth i think, not that it's great to begin with.

Off to the 'rebuild no fair to sedins' thread, where the primary objective fr. mgmt has gone from 'make playoffs' to 'make twins happy' apparently, anything other than 'win Stanley Cup'. The way they've coached/managed this past 3 years seems unfair to the Sedins in many respects if you ask me, but i digress.

Markstrom looked sharp from what I caught of the game. Sutter doesn't need to be on the first line & power play each and every time imo. Stecher continues to impress, current bright spot on team, least in the offensive zone. Nice to have a guy who can move the puck/himself around and create space out there. Not to mention get shots through consistently.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
None reported, nor should there be (IMO). I don't think either his play nor Hall's hit are DPOS worthy. Both unfortunately resulted in injuries, but there was no malice of intent nor really a questionable play by either - Chaput seemed to simply catch Zajac off balance, as honestly, there's hundreds of little pushes like that each game, and Hall basically tucked his arms, let up and skated into Larsen body to body.

My two cents on both plays.

agree. I don't think the Hall hit was that bad. You want the hitter to ease up on someone in Larsen's position and Hall did that IMHO when he took the hit on his chest absorbing the hit rather than leading the with shoulder. He wasn't traveling that fast on the way in either. It is just really unlucky someone got a knocked out from that kind of hit.

The Chaput push wasn't that bad. I think it was just that the Zajac didn't defend himself from the boards, he puts his hands up and nobody even notices. The faceplant makes it look worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad