GDT: Devils @ Cripplanche | January 16, 7pm MT | New strategy: 11 forwards

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I actually thought I had some decent ones. I don't even understand what the winning one is?

Bricky can you ask them if a blind money is running their account? I don't want to get blocked.

I'm just giving you a hard time, you did have some good ones tonight, and most nights

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Also, in listening to Roy's press conference after, he said he may be second guessing himself about not calling up another forward because he thinks the team was tired in the 3rd. At least, I think that's what he said.

member 116861

Also, in listening to Roy's press conference after, he said he may be second guessing himself about not calling up another forward because he thinks the team was tired in the 3rd. At least, I think that's what he said.

He should be second guessing himself. Stollery is barely an AHL player, he has no business being up in the NHL.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

Yup, Dressing a 7th Defenseman for 2:06 is pointless, call up Carey or Sgarbossa/Aggozino/Olver and give them regular 4th line minutes.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
No one has a ****ing clue. They came on the ice voluntarily if you ask me.

The phrase to "put on ice" can usually mean to defeat someone/something. I've heard/seen it used before...it might stem from morgues "putting the dead body on ice", which in reality usually means putting them in a freezer.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I literally can't think of one instance where I saw him in this game. Without looking it up, I would say he didn't play.

He took a few shifts instead of Johnson/Hejda on that pair in the 1st period.
Didn't touch the ice after that I think.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
McGinn should be kept on a line with Duchene and O'Reilly. Parenteau should be on his own line with MacKinnon and Talbot when they're all healthy (if that ever happens). McGinn, unlike Downie, who had a tendency to overhandle the puck, understands his role on that line and does it well.

And if this team ever gets healthy, I'd love for them to swap Mitchell with a defenseman, but that'll never happen.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I have a sickly feeling that Roy loves Mitchell and we're going to sign him to an extension anywhere from 2-2.5 million over a 3 year deal in the off-season.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Anaheim might have something to say about that

Anaheim has been playing really well lately, but I don't think they are going to level off at the way they are playing right now they are on an 8 game win streak, I think the blues are about where we should expect to see from them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
LOL Varlamov is being way to modest by saying the defense in front of him helped him alot for the success he's having this season.

Who are u kidding Varly

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Was giving a presentation on my capstone project and didn't manage to catch any of the game at all.

Someone wanna give me a summary? :)

Holden fell twice in the first few seconds of the game
Mitchell crossbar
Boring
Boring
Avs Goal
Boring
Stollery sighting
Boring
Cute girl in pink bear hat, clearly bored out of her mind
Boring
Devils Goal
Boring
Wilson turn over
Varly magic
Varly magic
Shootout
Duchene snipe
Varly magic
ROR snipe

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Holden fell twice in the first few seconds of the game
Mitchell crossbar
Boring
Boring
Avs Goal
Boring
Stollery sighting
Boring
Cute girl in pink bear hat, clearly bored out of her mind
Boring
Devils Goal
Boring
Wilson turn over
Varly magic
Varly magic
Shootout
Duchene snipe
Varly magic
ROR snipe

Add about 20 more "borings" and you've pretty much got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad