GDT: Devils @ Cripplanche | January 16, 7pm MT | New strategy: 11 forwards

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
You're on the internet, why do you need a pic of some girl in a hat? :laugh:
I figured that if it mentioned in the game summary then it was noteworthy in some way. Geez!

ebe.gif

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Glad we won but man that game was hard to watch. Duchene is playing so well, the points are going to start coming soon. O'reilly and Varly are both just on fire right now. Nick Holden has really risen to the occasion these past couple games, I wonder if he can keep it up.

Screw the Devils though. That was one of the least entertaining things I've seen all year, worse than the Wild game.

did we really just win a game that looked like both teams where just waking up from a long summer sleep... no rhythm in our lines due I hope to the shuffling of players,,, but we won and got the two points.... ugly ugly win, but at least we did not get destroyed, just did not play as well as we could have even with the players out...
I hope we keep beating teams with the grinders when we are not shining our brightest... Next up Nash... lets get two there and hopefully we will continue to hear more about pap and tangs getting back to game shape .....

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Holden fell twice in the first few seconds of the game
Mitchell crossbar
Boring
Boring
Avs Goal
Boring
Stollery sighting
Boring
Cute girl in pink bear hat, clearly bored out of her mind
Boring
Devils Goal
Boring
Wilson turn over
Varly magic
Varly magic
Shootout
Duchene snipe
Varly magic
ROR snipe

This is awesome. I tried to stay away from the score but couldn't take it after the first period of the replay. I will pat myself on the back and say I called 2-1. Lol

Edit: the girl in the pink hat? Um, not so much. Yikes.

Last edited:

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I wanted Aitto to get this game, but to be honest I think if not Varly we surely lost this game. Devils can say the same about Schneider, both were great. Good Varly was better in SO.

Next game on Saturday and we will probably see Dubnyk against us, so again need great goaltending on our side and it screams "Varly in net". We shall see. 65 points after 47 games even if we stay at that number after 48 we are 3rd in Conference in last year standings. Only Blackhawks and Ducks have had better numbers. That simply WOW. This team gets so much better this season.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
"I hate talking about myself. Ask Patrick," Varlamov said, deferring to coach Patrick Roy.

Looks like Varly is "umble" as his coach likes :) I still can't believe what a great turnaround this team made this season. Varly is only one of the examples. I thought about funny thing today. Varly in such a great form can be phenomenal for team Russia and defenitely can help them snatch a gold in Sochi. Imagine Russia beats Canada in the final, Varly is stellar and his form is because he met Patrick and Francois Allaire. Two Canadians help Russian to beat Canada National Team :) Maybe some people in Canada will think it's act of treason :)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Talbot sure loves playing metro division teams. He's gonna be on a tear during the NY road trip :nod:

As far as what happened in the third, Roy is right the team is tired. I bet they are actually exhausted. 8 games in the last 15 days including a back to back. 4 of the last 5 games have gone to OT and the last two games they've played with 11 forwards causing key guys to have to double shift. Duchene got 26 minutes of ice time tonight, he must absolutely be on empty.

MacKinnon went 8-3 on faceoffs.

Scouts on the list were Montreal, Abaheim and Vancouver, Boulding said only Vancouver actually showed up.

Last edited:

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Wow, I can't believe you guys thought that was boring. I guess there are some nights it pays to actually be there.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
For me not boring, but it kept looking for the lines to have that flow together, again I'm happy for win.
Eventually giggy going to have to be played, I'm thinking game after Nash...

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
She took my heart when I first saw that gif long time ago.

I understand you. She's lovely.

-------

I am also a bit surprised that so many of you found last night's game to be boring. It wasn't too exciting until the middle of the second period but then I thought the pace picked up thanks to the Avs. In the third period the Devils turned it around at the beginning and towards the end the game was up and down all the time. Varly's saves themselves made this game absolutely exciting. There were lots of scoring chances on both sides. I loved the game from the third period on.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wow, I can't believe you guys thought that was boring. I guess there are some nights it pays to actually be there.

I love a good tight defensive game, like the ones against LA, but the first two periods last night were boring. Maybe it was the lack of chances or the slow pace. A lot of stops and faceoffs too. A lot of broken plays, not as much passing, just digging to get out of the zone. I don't care though, any game that wins is exciting enough for me.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Even though Avs won it's disappointing that when they were up 1-0 and dominated the opposition for 40 minutes (shots 23-11 and hardly a scoring chance for Devils) they couldn't shut it down in the third. Instead the defense broke down and started throwing the puck to icing (Barrie, Holden, Benoit were really bad in the third and Hejda wasn't good with the puck) every chance they got and Avs could easily have lost the game.

This one should have been a dominating 60 minute game. Avs were lucky to have Varlamov continue his strong play.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Man, Mitchell trying to complete the cross-zone pass on the PP was absolutely painful to watch.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Man, Mitchell trying to complete the cross-zone pass on the PP was absolutely painful to watch.

Which is why he should shot when he is in on a 2 on 1 with the puck on his stick despite MacKinnon being open. He has a good shot but an awful ability to pass. Don't understand why people were complaining about him taking the shot there.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Fixed :sarcasm:

I actually don't mind him on the 4th line at all, and is passable on the 3rd most of the time.

He's honestly *world class* at entering the zone with the puck on his stick. Stack the blueline against him and he's still getting in. The problem is he can't pass AT ALL, has poor hockey sense(really noticeable when he's on the wing), and legitimately makes his linemates worse. It's an incredibly rare quality. :laugh:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He's honestly *world class* at entering the zone with the puck on his stick. Stack the blueline against him and he's still getting in. The problem is he can't pass AT ALL, has poor hockey sense(really noticeable when he's on the wing), and legitimately makes his linemates worse. It's an incredibly rare quality. :laugh:

This is pretty much how I feel about Mitchell. Although he's actually pretty good at sending a pass back to the point at entering the zone, but that is just about it when it comes to passing.

Despite all his flaws, I'd still take him back next season as a bottom six player.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
This is pretty much how I feel about Mitchell. Although he's actually pretty good at sending a pass back to the point at entering the zone, but that is just about it when it comes to passing.

Despite all his flaws, I'd still take him back next season as a bottom six player.

No friggin way, it would just be inevitable that an injury would occur and he'd be right back in the top-6 and on the powerplay.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

Ditto. You just are not going to find someone with his versatility and durability for his price. He does a good job defensively and he has phenomenal individual puck possession. As much flak as he gets on here, I think he a great bottom 6 player and passable on the second line if we are this injured. I see flashes of him turning the passing thing around for a few games at a time. I would like to see a little more effort towards the end of his shifts and better vision in the offensive zone but those things can be coached. I see us signing him for three or four more years after this one. Roy seems to like most of what he brings.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I really don't mind Mitchell but I really don't like his face. I want to punch it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad