GDT: Devils @ Cripplanche | January 16, 7pm MT | New strategy: 11 forwards

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
McLeod has done a better job in the top 6 than Mitchell. He at least understands his limitations and chips pucks deep and bangs bodies. He goes to the net hard, too. Mitchell just...ugh...

I don't like the idea of dump and chase for our top 6. I'd rather someone who can carry it in.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I don't like the idea of dump and chase for our top 6. I'd rather someone who can carry it in.

The problem is that's all he does. He'll carry it in, and then it's option A or B with him. Take a stupid shot, or turn it over. I'd much rather see Talbot play up a line before Mitchell.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
The problem is that's all he does. He'll carry it in, and then it's option A or B with him. Take a stupid shot, or turn it over. I'd much rather see Talbot play up a line before Mitchell.

I can agree on Talbot.

Mitchell is not that bad. He's got a good shot, he can hold the puck in the offensive zone, and he's actually pretty good about sending the puck back to the point once he's in the zone.

Sure he doesn't see some obvious passes, and forces some bad passes, but the Avs wouldn't have got the puck out of their zone and into the offensive zone if it weren't for him bringing it in a lot of the time.

He's a third/fourth line player, he's going to have some shortcomings.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hopefully they can sell high on Mitchell near the deadline. He's had a good couple of last years numbers wise. Anyone watching every game knows there's more to it than numbers but they should be able to get something somewhat decent for him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Hopefully they can sell high on Mitchell near the deadline. He's had a good couple of last years numbers wise. Anyone watching every game knows there's more to it than numbers but they should be able to get something somewhat decent for him.

Who knows maybe in Florida he could blossom. He would get top-6 time and put up even more points and then Red Wings would sign him as UFA. :laugh: That's actually GREAT plan.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Man, Mitchell trying to complete the cross-zone pass on the PP was absolutely painful to watch.

He was going to make a beauty last night. McLeod was between him and Barrie and tried to knock it out of the air. If it went through to Barrie it would have been a great pass. He takes a lot of heat, but I think once he gets a few of his shots in, he is going to start scoring more. He has a great shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad