GDT: Devils @ Cripplanche | January 16, 7pm MT | New strategy: 11 forwards

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I think the Avs can catch Chicago if things fall into place (get healthy, Varlamov stays playing like this) Only difference it makes is they would have home ice(huge), as either way I'm 100% sure we play Chicago.

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
If we resign Mitchell I'm going to be one unhappy Avs fan.
On a brighter note, I thought Talbot was one of the best players on the ice tonight.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
My favorite part of the game was the Mitchell/Mack two on one. Lol for Mack calling for the puck. Does he not realize who has the puck?

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I can't wait to see what this team can do fully healthy or at least with the majority of the guys back. All our offense comes from the top two lines, we would be deadly rolling 4 lines capable on offense.

member 116861

My favorite part of the game was the Mitchell/Mack two on one. Lol for Mack calling for the puck. Does he not realize who has the puck?

I actually laughed when it happened because it was so predictable.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't wait to see what this team can do fully healthy or at least with the majority of the guys back. All our offense comes from the top two lines, we would be deadly rolling 4 lines capable on offense.

4th line still won't be capable. 1 more line would make us really dangerous though.

Question: If the Devils hadn't scored, would Varlamov have still got the shutout with 59:58 played? I don't know what the rules are on that for goalies being pulled during play and not having a full game for a shutout.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
4th line still won't be capable. 1 more line would make us really dangerous though.

Question: If the Devils hadn't scored, would Varlamov have still got the shutout with 59:58 played? I don't know what the rules are on that for goalies being pulled during play and not having a full game for a shutout.

He would still get the shutout

When a goalie comes off the ice for a delayed penalty i'm sure that amount of ice time is deducted from the total 60 minutes, therefore there would be alot less shutout's. At least i think this is how it works.

member 116861

Mack wasn't even open. It would have taken a Gretzky like pass to get the puck over without completely telegraphing it.

Malkin made the right play there.

I thought he was open and even then he should of shot it lower and on net to try and create a rebound for MacKinnon.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He would still get the shutout

When a goalie comes off the ice for a delayed penalty i'm sure that amount of ice time is deducted from the total 60 minutes, therefore there would be alot less shutout's.

I thought of that as well. What about when a goalie leaves for some reason. For instance, say a goalie leaves with a minute left, the backup doesn't get a shot in the last minute, and it's a 1-0 game. Nobody gets a shutout?

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Don't look now, but only 4 back of St. Louis, granted they have a game in hand. Still, not too shabby. A small losing streak by them and a winning streak by us and we pass them.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I thought of that as well. What about when a goalie leaves for some reason. For instance, say a goalie leaves with a minute left, the backup doesn't get a shot in the last minute, and it's a 1-0 game. Nobody gets a shutout?

I think they share it, however if the backup doesn't get a shot i'm not sure if that's the case, maybe you have to get shots faced to share a shutout, so maybe only the starter earns the shutout.

But if it's Varly who played the 59 minutes and had a shutout up until then he should get credited with the shutout unless the backup gets scored on.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:biglaugh:

The Avalanche Twitter feed ALWAYS chooses the WORST Headline...without fail the worst one.

Mine was best, Sherms was 2nd best, all others a distant 3rd

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Don't look now, but only 4 back of St. Louis, granted they have a game in hand. Still, not too shabby. A small losing streak by them and a winning streak by us and we pass them.

I think they are going to take the president's trophy this year they seem unstoppable except against the pacific giants. LA certainly seems to know how to beat them though.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
:biglaugh:

The Avalanche Twitter feed ALWAYS chooses the WORST Headline...without fail the worst one.

Mine was best, Sherms was 2nd best, all others a distant 3rd

Shermy should be disqualified.

I actually thought I had some decent ones. I don't even understand what the winning one is?

Bricky can you ask them if a blind money is running their account? I don't want to get blocked.

member 116861

I actually thought I had some decent ones. I don't even understand what the winning one is?

Bricky can you ask them if a blind money is running their account? I don't want to get blocked.

I don't want to either. Getting blocked by 4 accounts is more than enough for me. I can link you to the guy who runs the Avs Twitter account if you want.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Holden has played really well these last 2 games. No complaints.

EJ was not himself. Clearly still injured.

I'm a little scared to get PAP back, but can't wait for Tanguay and Stastny. Mitchell is completely useless in the top 6. He has no idea how to use his teammates.

Wilson and Barrie were having good games and then fell apart in the 3rd.

Varly is just a monster right now.

On a lot of nights, ROR is the best player on this team. If you have to go up to $6M to sign him, then do it. Roy clearly trusts the guy more than anyone, and you can't blame him. He's going to score 30 goals this year, and the Avs would be smart to try to negotiate now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad