GDT: Devils @ Coyotes: I've Held My Rage Long Enough

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would say his ceiling and potential is a bit higher than Coleman's, let's be serious here.

Based on what? coleman's faster, Noesen is bigger. Neither have a ton of skill. Coleman is 1 year older.

Their AHL scoring rates this season are pretty similar.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Based on what? coleman's faster, Noesen is bigger. Neither have a ton of skill. Coleman is 1 year older.

Their AHL scoring rates this season are pretty similar.

Noesen has a bit more offensive skill than Coleman, if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

It's not even that Noesen has showed he's really skilled, it's just that Coleman has shown that he's not. Noesen was a former first round pick, while Coleman was a third round pick in the same draft. It was clear that Noesen had a higher ceiling at that time, and I think he still has a higher ceiling. Has Noesen looked like a first round pick from 6 years ago? Not really. Does Coleman look like a third round pick from 6 years ago? At the very best.

Noesen is outscoring Coleman by quite a bit and I'm not sure that's on accident or because of luck. Noesen has averaged 24 seconds more of ice time as a Devil this season than Coleman and has 5 times as many points in 7 more games. Coleman's on ice shooting percentage is extremely low, so maybe he should have one or two more points than he does.

Let's not even get into advanced stats, where Noesen beats the hell out of Coleman quite handily. Coleman (albeit in a much smaller sample size of games) has Miles Wood like possession numbers. He does get a lot of D zone starts, so he's probably not as bad as Miles Wood in that regard. Just saying though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad