GDT: Devils @ Coyotes: I've Held My Rage Long Enough

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I remember, we were just coming off that cup run. clarkson was a 30 goal scorer, still had Kovy. Things were looking up. :sarcasm:

That record is cursed haha. I think that was the same record we started in the shortened season if I am correct.

Close enough, it was 8-1-3 in 2013, then 9-2-3.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman and Noesen are on a pretty similar level imo.
No they aren't. Coleman is a career minor league player/fringe NHL call up. So is Pietila. That's not saying much for Noesen, but his ceiling is much higher than either of those guys.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
So since our 9-3-3 start we've gone 16-28-9 in our last 53.

Over a full season that's 64 point pace.

We have lost 37 of our last 53 games (either in regulation or OT)

In other words, over the last 53 games, we lose the game 70% of the time.

That's horrendously bad, the Avalanches current pace is only 2 wins per season worse, they just don't amass as many loser points as we do.

How Hynes is still the coach is beyond me :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So since our 9-3-3 start we've gone 16-28-9 in our last 53.

Over a full season that's 64 point pace.

We have lost 37 of our last 53 games (either in regulation or OT)

In other words, over the last 53 games, we lose the game 70% of the time.

That's horrendously bad, the Avalanches current pace is only 2 wins per season worse, they just don't amass as many loser points as we do.

How Hynes is still the coach is beyond me :laugh:

has anyone used the word putrid here?

i am

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
No they aren't. Coleman is a career minor league player/fringe NHL call up. So is Pietila. That's not saying much for Noesen, but his ceiling is much higher than either of those guys.

Coleman and Pietila still haven't played full pro seasons and each has put up some decent numbers in the AHL. I wouldn't be completely writing them off just yet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman and Pietila still haven't played full pro seasons and each has put up some decent numbers in the AHL. I wouldn't be completely writing them off just yet.

I was told the same thing about Sergei Kalinin too.

I'm gonna write them off as anything better than career 4th liners at the NHL level. Their ceilings aren't very high.

Coleman is already the same age as Taylor Hall.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN

I'm gonna write them off as anything better than career 4th liners at the NHL level. Their ceilings aren't very high.

I'm not saying Coleman is anything other than what you suggest, but that logic isn't exactly sound, is it? X player is what he's going to be because he's the age of Taylor Hall? One player (Hall) stepped right into the NHL as a 19 year old and the other was in college until he was 23. He's only been a professional for less than two years and you're suggesting he can't improve because he's 25?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not saying Coleman is anything other than what you suggest, but that logic isn't exactly sound, is it? X player is what he's going to be because he's the age of Taylor Hall? One player (Hall) stepped right into the NHL as a 19 year old and the other was in college until he was 23. He's only been a professional for less than two years and you're suggesting he can't improve because he's 25?

He's 25 and his ceiling really isn't very high to begin with. I never expected anything more than a career 4th liner (at best) out of him. Mike Sislo was 25 when he played his first NHL game. I don't really think he's going to get much better and it's not like he's 21 like Miles Wood.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Sigh......

zF196YM.gif

13 more games....13 more games.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

And Noesen is not a fringe NHL player? He has a grand total of 33 NHL games. He's 24.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I'm not saying their ceiling is anything higher than a 4th liner but at some point we will need a good 4th line and they very well could be on it. That was my only point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And Noesen is not a fringe NHL player? He has a grand total of 33 NHL games. He's 24.

I would say his ceiling and potential is a bit higher than Coleman's, let's be serious here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad