Smith
Domingue

LGD

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pavel Zacha did not play the final 10:39 against the Avalanche and Hynes confirmed that was a coach’s decision, not an injury situation.

“We all understand and respect how skilled he is but since he’s come off the injury (concussion) there’s another level that he has to play at speed wise and compete wise and I thought the other two games he was OK but last night he didn’t have a great night,” Hynes said. “He’s a young guy, we talked to him about it and hopefully he responds.”

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pavel Zacha did not play the final 10:39 against the Avalanche and Hynes confirmed that was a coach’s decision, not an injury situation.

“We all understand and respect how skilled he is but since he’s come off the injury (concussion) there’s another level that he has to play at speed wise and compete wise and I thought the other two games he was OK but last night he didn’t have a great night,†Hynes said. “He’s a young guy, we talked to him about it and hopefully he responds.â€

Hope this means we can bench DSP after last game

Cuz accountability tho

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My rage is untethered and it knows no bounds! 10/10 OP, sunny is my favorite show. How's Zacha been this season? In the first game against us he looked great.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Good on Hynes. Zacha needs to compete harder. He's probably still a little tentative because of the concussion but he hasn't been as dynamic as he was prior to injury. He responded to the scratch last time so let's see how this plays out.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
as embarrassing as this is .. let them keep losing, hopefully Hynes gets **** canned he needs to go. If there aren't some attempts to vastly improve this team this summer iam going to be overly upset, I don't want to see anymore love joys and Bennetts and other dumpster pieces that no one else wants. Make a strong attempt for shatt. oshie and a trade

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
"What can be said about this team... that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan."

tumblr_maz327Sohn1rezavlo2_250.gif

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I am hoping we give Appleby a start, kid really does intrigue me. The rest of the team is a hot mess.

I really think he's going to be an NHL goalie. Saw him play live this year and the youngster was a wall, Devils lost 2-1, but it should have been 5-1 or something.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hope this means we can bench DSP after last game

Cuz accountability tho

Nah, DSP will be playing first line RW and on both PP units and both PK units and get time in OT if it goes to that. We all know Hynes doesn't hold veteran players accountable even when they are the ones that are the biggest issue with their lack of effort or just flat out sucking for a long stretch.

Good on Hynes. Zacha needs to compete harder. He's probably still a little tentative because of the concussion but he hasn't been as dynamic as he was prior to injury. He responded to the scratch last time so let's see how this plays out.

Yea, because the issue is the rookie who didn't play like he normally was up until he got injured. He was fine the first game back too soooo.... this just reeks of Hynes being more of an incompetent hard on that holds the wrong players accountable. So no, not good on Hynes.

Another day. Another chance to lose. Ho-hum.

Yup.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
as embarrassing as this is .. let them keep losing, hopefully Hynes gets **** canned he needs to go. If there aren't some attempts to vastly improve this team this summer iam going to be overly upset, I don't want to see anymore love joys and Bennetts and other dumpster pieces that no one else wants. Make a strong attempt for shatt. oshie and a trade

Except we actually need player like Bennett as a depth player. You need good possession guys with some speed and skill to round out the bottom 6. Like I don't get what people don't get about that.

Hynes sucks without a doubt btw.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Another game, probably another loss. We might be the worst team in the NHL right now.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Nah, DSP will be playing first line RW and on both PP units and both PK units and get time in OT if it goes to that. We all know Hynes doesn't hold veteran players accountable even when they are the ones that are the biggest issue with their lack of effort or just flat out sucking for a long stretch.

Yea, because the issue is the rookie who didn't play like he normally was up until he got injured. He was fine the first game back too soooo.... this just reeks of Hynes being more of an incompetent hard on that holds the wrong players accountable. So no, not good on Hynes.

Yup.

I don't get where these narrative come from.

DSP has not played a lick of overtime this year. I think he may have played once early in the year, but that's it. He's only been on the PP when a forward was in the box in that net front role.

Zacha has been absolute trash since he's come back. Lethargic, giving up on the play, watching the play in his own zone, and just awful in general. He's the future of this team so I'd rather Hynes hold him accountable for awful play. Hynes has certainly been better at holding guys like Cammalleri and DSP accountable of late and even ripped into DSP post-game.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
My typical yearly rage has turned to being numb and not being able to watch some of the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad