Devils Captain on Opening Night Will Be Bryce Salvador

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Chere gets some of the better quotes/stories of the beat writers... but slaps them together in his articles like a juvenile arts & craft project.

Except, instead of glitter glue, everything's held together with dumbfounding typos.

Chere is a moron and insults the Devils and their fans every other article it seems...I had to stop following him on twitter during the Conference Finals because of the garbage he was printing.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Chere is a moron and insults the Devils and their fans every other article it seems...I had to stop following him on twitter during the Conference Finals because of the garbage he was printing.

Ugh he is so awful. I stopped following him too.

He likes to stir **** up for no reason.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't he tell fans not to worry on July 1st when Marty, and Parise were on the market, because we brought back the 4th line? What an ass!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In 2-3 years we'll be worried about Henrique leaving anyway :sarcasm:

Unlike most I don't mind Sal being the captain, except now this is really going to double the nonsense about Kovy not getting it because of the Russian excursion. But making someone a captain just because you want a five-year captain is no reason to do it.

Didn't he tell fans not to worry on July 1st when Marty, and Parise were on the market, because we brought back the 4th line? What an ass!

That he did. I probably saw it posted here cause I stopped following him after the 70-30 Ranger fan crack too or whatever he said.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Chere once strongly suggested we were trading Marty for Semin

I'll believe Sal is the captain when I see it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Chere once strongly suggested we were trading Marty for Semin

I'll believe Sal is the captain when I see it

Haha I thought it was Marty for Carlson, and Neuvirth? Or at least that was the rumor two years ago!:laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So Sal with the C and Kovy and Elias with the A? Solid, nice to have a defenseman wearing the C again.

Awwww

I wouldn't mind it being Sal, but it does seem like a slight to Kovy.

I think sal is the right choice now and for the future. Issue with Kovy is if it goes wrong early and u take it from him that will cause back lash and do u want an unhappy superstar.

Sal is on a good contract and in 3 years we can the decide if we give it to Kovy for the rest of his contract or someone else Henrique Larrson or anyone else that may come out of the woodwork.

:amazed: Are you really saying that with a straight face? To me, it's not a matter of whether Sal's contract will burn us, but when.

apice3*

Chere and TG tweet the same stuff. TG writes better, has a better sense of humor, and is much more professional. Chere is practically useless.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't mind Salvador's contract other than the fact he's on a 35+ If it were for less though that would be awesome. Aside from the 35+ part I don't mind it any more than Tallinder who makes the same. I got the gasoline already on me so light the match if you want.

DevilsAnimal*

the 4th line the eclipsed parise in production in the playoffs?

each?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the 4th line the eclipsed parise in production in the playoffs?

each?

Combined they eclipsed him, but not each. Carter scored 5 goals which was one less than Parise's 6 non empty netters. In fact I remember quite a few of Parise's goals being the fault of the goaltender. Some of the weakest goals of the playoffs. One against Bryz that was a joke, one that Lundqvist should have covered up, but Parise poked the rebound through. One where Quick was out of the net.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
My point is Salvador should be given the C because he's a great leader

see, where does this come from? player quotes? i've seen every player in the room (practically) called a 'great leader'. its mostly said about kovy. so, by your logic, shouldnt he have just as much of a shot to be captain?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

When you hand out a 15 year deal worth 100M$... that player better be your captain, period.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When you hand out a 15 year deal worth 100M$... that player better be your captain, period.

I don't understand why this has to be the case. Plenty of teams don't have captains that are the highest paid/longest contract length guys on the team. If you feel you risk alienating the guy with the long contract then go ahead and give it to him. If he's cool letting someone else have it, why not pick the best man for the job?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I don't understand why this has to be the case. Plenty of teams don't have captains that are the highest paid/longest contract length guys on the team. If you feel you risk alienating the guy with the long contract then go ahead and give it to him. If he's cool letting someone else have it, why not pick the best man for the job?

Kovy has shown that he's a team player, he plays the game with so much passion and he's one of the best players in the game today. I just don't see anyone else then him in all honesty. Like we saw last post season, our team will go as far as Kovy takes us.

We tried to entice Parise to stay by giving him the C and it backfired. Just hand out the C to the face of your franchise and like CG said "call it a day" and move on. If it's awarded to anyone other then Kovy, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'll be shocked if it goes to anyone else too. I just wish we could wait a year or two and give it to Henrique (if he stays). I don't think Kovy is really a great leader. FWIW, I think Zach was a pretty poor leader as well. Honestly there hasn't been a guy I felt like had that "it" factor a captain needs on this team since Stevens left. Well, that is until Henrique played a full season.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I'll be shocked if it goes to anyone else too. I just wish we could wait a year or two and give it to Henrique (if he stays). I don't think Kovy is really a great leader. FWIW, I think Zach was a pretty poor leader as well. Honestly there hasn't been a guy I felt like had that "it" factor a captain needs on this team since Stevens left. Well, that is until Henrique played a full season.

Scott Stevens is a rare specimen, so we can forget about getting someone like him cause that ain't happening.

I just don't see why we'd give the captaincy to Henrique, who had a terrific 1st year, but is still very raw over a proven All-Star who carried this team on his back while being injured.

Henrique has the potential to be a solid player, true, but Kovy is already a stud and leads by exemple and will continu to do so for the next 15 years.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It has nothing to do with talent or point totals. It has to do with attitude. I think Henrique has the right attitude to be a captain. He has that confident, bordering on cocky swagger while still maintaining respect for the opponent. He never mopes. He's always into the game. Always intense. He just seems like a guy that others would follow. The kind of guy that's ready to lead.

Kovy does mope. He does get into funks where he relies purely on talent. He can get by on that talent because he has so much of it, but not everyone does. Zach moped too. While his effort never dipped, he at times seemed defeated on the bench. His body language suggesting he had given up.

I don't expect there to be another Stevens type player on this team, but I think Henrique is the closest to Stevens attitude wise we've had in a long time.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It has nothing to do with talent or point totals. It has to do with attitude. I think Henrique has the right attitude to be a captain. He has that confident, bordering on cocky swagger while still maintaining respect for the opponent. He never mopes. He's always into the game. Always intense. He just seems like a guy that others would follow. The kind of guy that's ready to lead.

Kovy does mope. He does get into funks where he relies purely on talent. He can get by on that talent because he has so much of it, but not everyone does. Zach moped too. While his effort never dipped, he at times seemed defeated on the bench. His body language suggesting he had given up.

I don't expect there to be another Stevens type player on this team, but I think Henrique is the closest to Stevens attitude wise we've had in a long time.

I don't disagree, but it ain't going to happen anytime soon. He'll just be a solid assistant for Kovy ;)

apice3*

see, where does this come from? player quotes? i've seen every player in the room (practically) called a 'great leader'. its mostly said about kovy. so, by your logic, shouldnt he have just as much of a shot to be captain?

youre not understanding my point. There are plenty of guys worthy of the C but whoever gets it should get it because they earned it. People on this board are saying give it to sal so henrique can get it 3 years from now. Thats stupid. Give it to sal (or kovy, elias, etc) because he deserves it

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I would have said Zajac, but the Devils do not need another Parise situation. So, just give it to Kovy who's the Devils best player and most likely will be here next season. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad