Devils Captain on Opening Night Will Be Bryce Salvador

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
why all this salvador love for C? i dont get it. great guy, good defenseman, great work ethic (i guess?) but cmon...lets go for longevity. kovy wanted that deal, and he got it. now make the best player in our room the C. i think he's proven himself.

don't be hating

134323020814.jpg

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
why all this salvador love for C? i dont get it. great guy, good defenseman, great work ethic (i guess?) but cmon...lets go for longevity. kovy wanted that deal, and he got it. now make the best player in our room the C. i think he's proven himself.

Cause he's old

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Because he's a good old Canadian boy that hits people and doesn't wear a visor and doesn't celebrate after goals, not some soft pansy Euro who hotdogs around in the neutral zone with his head down.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Elias is the best player in the room.. or, at least, was before he turned 8 million years old. he should be the captain.

agree to disagree, but i dont see the relevance. not only is kovy currently the BEST player we have, he's captained before. hes a natural leader. he even goes above and beyond with speaking to the media after every win and every loss. i really think hes captain material, and i cant wait for the day that midget hands him his first cup.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

I think Kovy would be a great captain, but slotting in Salvador now leaves a lot of doors open. That's the only way I look at it.

He's admired by the team, respected by Lou and he seems to have a voice in the locker room.
Not to mention, he's always the last one out on the ice congratulating the guys on a good game... very captain-ish.

But, as I keep saying, I'd be fine with half the lineup wearing a C, really. There are a ton of great options.

I fully stand behind captain Kovy if it happens, though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Kovy will. He just came off wearing the C in the KHL, and wore it in Atlanta. Wouldn't be the first time. I definitely think he'll get it, especially since it's now been confirmed he's been in touch with the Devils the whole time with this all star game in the KHL. There's no animosity, and Kovy seems to be well liked.

Salvador would be a good captain though. Clarkson would be in the running too I think at least for me. I'm a fan of the way he speaks as opposed to Parise, and Zajac. Salvador always is a good person to listen to also. I don't even think he's been considered though.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Ill be happy with

Kovy C/A
Elias A
Sal A/C

...or anything that gives Zubrus a letter :naughty:

Semak

Heart says: Elias. Mind: Kovy. Nether regions: either of their wives. Stomach: Those Pastrami sandwiches on the upper level of the rock.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Heart says: Elias. Mind: Kovy. Nether regions: either of their wives. Stomach: Those Pastrami sandwiches on the upper level of the rock.

Hey man! Seems like the stone ages since you were last here!:laugh:

Volchenkovs Face

Oct 10, 2010

I think Kovy is too emotional to be the captain.

I just don't see him being that silent leader who "leads by example" so to say. Elias doesn't seem to want it or need it, Clarkson isn't enough of an impact player, Zajac has one year left and otherwise doesn't feel like the leader type, Marty is a goalie, Henrique is too young, and Greene just has the same feel as Zajac where he doesn't seem like a leader. Salvador has a great work ethic, is a vet, to me has that leadership demeanor, and just signed for 3 years. I say give it to him, and once he moves on (3 years?) hopefully Henrique is ready to be the C.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
DeBoer saying that he hasn't picked a captain yet is probably about Kovy not being there so he hasn't talked to him. Really points towards him getting the C.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I like having a captain that drops the gloves for his team. Last 3 captains failed to do that. Zero chance Elias gets named Captain. Why give leverage to a FA?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I like having a captain that drops the gloves for his team. Last 3 captains failed to do that. Zero chance Elias gets named Captain. Why give leverage to a FA?

kovyschennknockoutpunch.youtube.com

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
So Sal with the C and Kovy and Elias with the A? Solid, nice to have a defenseman wearing the C again.

Awwww

His daughter doesn’t understand that he has been one of the NHL’s premier players for more than a dozen seasons.

“Not yet. She just says Daddy’s working hockey. That’s it,” Elias said. “And then once I come home she says, ‘Goal?’ I say, ‘No, not today.’ She’s only a little over 2 so it’s too early to explain to her that the passer is the most important guy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad