Devils Captain on Opening Night Will Be Bryce Salvador

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Zajac already said in TG article today that he isn't going to be the captain.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I figured it would be Zajac. He would be a great captain, but I knew the team didn't wanna go down that route again like Zach last year cause it would be stupid. Now that he's locked up maybe?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it could be Zajac even though he said so himself that he wouldn't be. The way he was talking in that interview this morning it almost seemed like he was hoping to land in Minnesota to play with Zach again!:laugh: Meanwhile he had already been signed! I'm glad I read that article after it was announced that he had signed the contract!

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I really don't see Kovy *wanting* to be the captain.

I think he likes the pressure to play too much to have the pressure of captaincy - dealing with player issues, etc. On the other hand, you have a loyalist like Clarky, who played for PDB in the past, loves Lou, is settling down in NJ, and has experience in the player relationship department as the NHLPA rep... That's the kind of guy who WANTS to be captain...

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I wouldn't want someone who racks up PIMs like Clarkson as captain. And unless Clarkson is a ufa after this season so yeah.

I don't think I could judge Kovy's intentions but he never said he didn't want to be captain and he was just captain of his team in the KHL.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
Kovy was a captain in both Atlanta and Team Russia, why he cant be here? He is a leader all and through.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's amazing there's still real suspense as to who's going to be the C. I can't remember the last time that was the case here.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Kovy as Captain. Elias and Sal as alternates. In a few years we'll be looking at Kovy as C with Zajac and Henrique as alternates.

I could get on board with this. Maybe Larsson might get an A eventually too.

Kovy was a captain in both Atlanta and Team Russia, why he cant be here? He is a leader all and through.

He was also captain at CSKA just for this season during the lockout.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
It's amazing there's still real suspense as to who's going to be the C. I can't remember the last time that was the case here.

jamie-langenbrunner-devils-senators-b25c49e29b08baad_large.jpg

I still love you Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad