GDT: Devils @ Caps - 7 PM - Dad Jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It will be Kinkaid. He doesn't get enough playing time or put up big stats to attract a large offer from another team, and Vegas will have better goalie options from other teams.

I never really thought Kinkaid would get claimed by Vegas, it was brought up earlier by someone else.

I think MAF is their starter right now, unless they take Jimmy Howard (LOL) or Mike Smith becomes available or something. They'll probably take a backup too, but there's a lot of them to go around.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm starting to worry now we've lost Eddy. :P

Tons of games left, a lot on home ice and within the division. It's not going to be easy at all considering this awful trend of getting outshot and blown out lol but let's see what we can do at least for the next month

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm starting to worry now we've lost Eddy. :P

Tons of games left, a lot on home ice and within the division. It's not going to be easy at all considering this awful trend of getting outshot and blown out lol but let's see what we can do at least for the next month

Math wise it is possible, especially with the heavy home tilt. Just I am just not seeing any signs that they have even begun to clean their game up.

I still think something dramatic has to happen. Either Hynes has to lose it and go nuts in practice, or start benching regulars until the message sticks. If not that Shero needs to make a statement trade, or Hynes has to get the axe.

Right now we are rolling in pure status quo mode.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Math wise it is possible, especially with the heavy home tilt. Just I am just not seeing any signs that they have even begun to clean their game up.

I still think something dramatic has to happen. Either Hynes has to lose it and go nuts in practice, or start benching regulars until the message sticks. If not that Shero needs to make a statement trade, or Hynes has to get the axe.

Right now we are rolling in pure status quo mode.

Oh I get it, they look terrible, they haven't really corrected anything at all. The Philly game I thought would maybe be a bit of turnaround when they just kept it simple, limited shots and were physical. They did it against the Pens in the first half of last game but they imploded again.

I really don't believe they are as bad as this stretch nor are they as good as the first 15, they''ll end up being below the bubble maybe a bit better than last year which was expected.

I agree something needs to happen to wake them up.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The Beast:
Kinkaid

The Good:
Zajac
PAP
Wood

The OK:
Palmieri
Cammalleri
Josefson

The Abysmal:
Everyone else

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh I get it, they look terrible, they haven't really corrected anything at all. The Philly game I thought would maybe be a bit of turnaround when they just kept it simple, limited shots and were physical. They did it against the Pens in the first half of last game but they imploded again.

I really don't believe they are as bad as this stretch nor are they as good as the first 15, they''ll end up being below the bubble maybe a bit better than last year which was expected.

I agree something needs to happen to wake them up.

I mean I guess someone could just beast them to 3 wins in a row and that gets guys buying back in.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid's play this season has really made me wanna consider re-signing him. It's either him or another box of chocolates backup.

If he continues to play well this year, he'll likely get an NHL deal from somebody. Considering that Mike Condon was horrific last year and only a year younger, yet the Pens picked him up the minute he hit waivers and Ottawa traded for him about a month ago.

And the Kings actually signed Zatkoff, who is two years older than Kinkaid and has not been any better than Kinkaid in the NHL. And he's barely seen any time in net during Quick's injury because Peter Budaj has heavily outplayed him.

So I think Kinkaid will get a deal somewhere if not from us, provided he doesn't implode later in the season.

Appleby and Blackwood aren't anywhere near ready for this league and I've never been much of a believer in Wedgewood since he turned pro. Regardless of that, banking on him to be a backup in the NHL for us after a season ending injury in November of the year before is hoping for too much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Beast:
Kinkaid

The Good:
Zajac
PAP
Wood

The OK:
Palmieri
Cammalleri
Josefson

The Abysmal:
Everyone else
Pretty much.

Although I'm not even sure I would put PAP in the good, despite the goal. And I'm not anywhere near a PAP hater here, I support him much more than most. I felt he looked pretty meh tonight but it's nitpicky.

Henrique was pretty terrible, got mugged like an old lady and it led to an extended shift pinned in with Moore and Quincey. DSP with that wide open net miss. I think Josefson would have scored on that.

Gazdic and being out there with 6 minutes left in regulation.... WHY?!:help:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For all his maddening inconsistencies in almost every other facet of his game, Pappy is doing what he was brought in to do in scoring goals. In the end, the waiver claim will be worth it for what he provides offensively. Not a guy who should be relied upon as a primary scorer, but an excellent secondary option.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
PAP now leads the team in goals :laugh:

Pretty much.

Although I'm not even sure I would put PAP in the good, despite the goal. And I'm not anywhere near a PAP hater here, I support him much more than most. I felt he looked pretty meh tonight but it's nitpicky.

Henrique was pretty terrible, got mugged like an old lady and it led to an extended shift pinned in with Moore and Quincey. DSP with that wide open net miss. I think Josefson would have scored on that.

Gazdic and being out there with 6 minutes left in regulation.... WHY?!:help:

I put Paps in the good column for the goal, for being one of the few forwards making decent passes and almost sniping in a second goal in the 3rd period. Thought he had a solid game. Also took a cheapshot to the neck while on the bench. :naughty:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
For all his maddening inconsistencies in almost every other facet of his game, Pappy is doing what he was brought in to do in scoring goals. In the end, the waiver claim will be worth it for what he provides offensively. Not a guy who should be relied upon as a primary scorer, but an excellent secondary option.

Which with a healthy Hall and a not dog poop Henrique and Palmieri should've been a solid start for us this year.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I would reward Kinkaid with the next start. He had a really strong game and this could be a good kick in the pants for Cory, who has not been good enough for awhile.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Look two posts up :sarcasm:

It wasn't TOO bad. Nothing will come out of it.

I saw a slow motion gif of it too. Kuznetsov got up, made sure no one was looking, and took a butt end shot that connected with PAP's throat. To me that's bad.

I also don't expect anything to come of it seeing as the refs and the league have had no interest in protecting our players this entire season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure where we would be without Parenteau, like who would have scored those goals instead of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad