GDT: Devils @ Caps - 7 PM - Dad Jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't think anyone said the team doesn't need fixing....bc it needs a ton of fixing. Kinkaid is the ONLY reason we won, and thats only bc he played like brodeur

I was mainly speaking to the poster Taylor Hall, who seems to think any criticism of this team is unwarranted since it managed to pull out a win (mostly thanks to Kinkaid). I think most understand that this team is in bad shape, though they may disagree about how to go about fixing it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
TB may be a fit with their injury issues this season

I'm not so sure.

LW - Palat, Killorn, Point, Drouin, Namestinkov, Paquette/Boyle (usually 4LW/4C)
RW - Kucherov, Drouin, Callahan, JT Brown, Condra (4RW), possibly Stamkos if they shift him to RW.

Not sure I would spend assets to trade for Parenteau if I was Yzerman. You need to find a team that needs an extra dose of skill in their top nine, Lightning have plenty of it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I was mainly speaking to the poster Taylor Hall, who seems to think any criticism of this team is unwarranted since it managed to pull out a win (mostly thanks to Kinkaid). I think most understand that this team is in bad shape, though they may disagree about how to go about fixing it.

I don't think it's in bad shape.

I fully expect Shero to add at least one top 4 defender, if not two, by the start of next year. Expansion draft fallout, UFA, or trade, I'm not sure, but he's done a good job of addressing our needs properly via trade since he took over.

Also, I think this team has too many players with exposable flaws (especially defensively) and we don't have the team defense to cover up for them. I'm anticipating a bottom three finish. A bottom three finish gets us one of Liljegren (RD), Patrick (C), Vilardi (C), Hischier (C/RW), or Mittlestadt (C).

Any of those centers with our current prospect pool and Henrique/Zajac/Zacha at the NHL level would set us up especially if Shero adds some defenders. It'll fit into a timeline to let us compete in two years with Schneider/Hall AND sustain a winning team.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
A rookie coach is a lot like a rookie player in that you have to be patient because they WILL make mistakes. That's fine and expected. All you can ask is that they learn and get better.

Hynes is not learning or getting better. He's being stubborn and refusing to adapt. I was willing to give him some latitude last year because I was expecting improvement, instead we got regression.

I'm not sure what more needs to be said. His system doesn't work, his personel decisions are bad, he can't manage a game. I could tolerate all of those things if he learned from them and stopped making the same mistakes. That's not happening.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
It's funny how everyone thinks firing the coach solves all the problems

Then the team is horrible the next year and its another firing the coach brigade, not realizing the players on the team.

Do you not realize that Andy Greene is our best D-man? How that is an issue, he wouldn't even be a #3 D on most teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A rookie coach is a lot like a rookie player in that you have to be patient because they WILL make mistakes. That's fine and expected. All you can ask is that they learn and get better.

Hynes is not learning or getting better. He's being stubborn and refusing to adapt. I was willing to give him some latitude last year because I was expecting improvement, instead we got regression.

I'm not sure what more needs to be said. His system doesn't work, his personel decisions are bad, he can't manage a game. I could tolerate all of those things if he learned from them and stopped making the same mistakes. That's not happening.
Like his insistence on using Lovejoy in OT. And he'll keep tomorrow's lineup intact because we won last night, as if it was a great game and a great effort. I didn't even see his post game comments, but I wouldn't be surprised if he praised the effort and the commitment and collective battle level or whatever other Hynes-ism's there are.

Then the team is horrible the next year and its another firing the coach brigade, not realizing the players on the team.

Do you not realize that Andy Greene is our best D-man? How that is an issue, he wouldn't even be a #3 D on most teams.
Which is why I'm not exactly for firing him right now, but he's not very good either.

He might be a product of Cory Schneider, that's what I'm starting to think. Schneider made him look good last year, now Schneider is making him look terrible this year.

He's showing too many warts, like his stupid fascination with using Ben Lovejoy in 3 on 3 OT. Using the WORST offensive player on the team in a period where you need to score to win and you'd better be playing to win? REALLY? I fully expect we'll see Kalinin-Lovejoy-Gazdic as a pairing in 3 on 3 OT at some point. Why not just use our 3 worst offensive players on the roster?

I'm starting to think he's lost the team too. I didn't even think Pete lost the team at any point, aside from maybe a 3 or 5 game skid in 13-14. This is like a 20 game skid.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Do you remember what happened when JMac was fired and JL came in? They were the best team in the league for 2 months.

This team is no where near as talented as that 2010-11 team and Jacques isn't available anymore, but a different voice can make a world of difference.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha should probably be back in tomorrow, there's no reason to go with yesterday's lineup again because we won.

That's a ******** cop out, though I wouldn't expect anything less than that malarkey from Hiney Head at this point.

Tell us last night was a good effort and a team win, right after you **** on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Do you remember what happened when JMac was fired and JL came in? They were the best team in the league for 2 months.

This team is no where near as talented as that 2010-11 team and Jacques isn't available anymore, but a different voice can make a world of difference.

That is debatable. Zach was hurt and that D was a bunch of misfit toys.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Like his insistence on using Lovejoy in OT. And he'll keep tomorrow's lineup intact because we won last night, as if it was a great game and a great effort. I didn't even see his post game comments, but I wouldn't be surprised if he praised the effort and the commitment and collective battle level or whatever other Hynes-ism's there are.

Which is why I'm not exactly for firing him right now, but he's not very good either.

He might be a product of Cory Schneider, that's what I'm starting to think. Schneider made him look good last year, now Schneider is making him look terrible this year.

He's showing too many warts, like his stupid fascination with using Ben Lovejoy in 3 on 3 OT. Using the WORST offensive player on the team in a period where you need to score to win and you'd better be playing to win? REALLY? I fully expect we'll see Kalinin-Lovejoy-Gazdic as a pairing in 3 on 3 OT at some point. Why not just use our 3 worst offensive players on the roster?

I'm starting to think he's lost the team too. I didn't even think Pete lost the team at any point, aside from maybe a 3 or 5 game skid in 13-14. This is like a 20 game skid.

The bolder makes no sense. If the coach is garbage you dump him. The only reason not to do it now is you don't have a decent interim available, but you do it right when the offseason starts.

There is no evidence that Greene is a Cory product. That makes no sense. Greene started to come into his own in front of an ageing Marty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad