GDT: Devils @ Caps - 7 PM - Dad Jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Amazing performance, no doubt whatsoever.

But when you have a 6 million dollar goalie and a 600,000 dollar goalie there are other things to consider.

Lundqvist just sat four games in a row for Raanta and it helped the team and Lundqvist.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Raanta also has a pretty good team in front of him.

But Lundqvist wasn't playing well in front of that same team. Sometimes you need extended breaks, especially with this defense causing Cory to be in PTSD mode.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Schneider will be in there Saturday ... hopefully if he is in there he will play with the confidence and aggressiveness that Kinkaid showed tonight.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
But Lundqvist wasn't playing well in front of that same team. Sometimes you need extended breaks, especially with this defense causing Cory to be in PTSD mode.

Fair, but not every player reacts the same way. Some guys get better by playing through rough stretches, some guys might need a few games off. Although I guess at this point we've got nothing to lose by giving him some time off.

But I'm not going to flip out if we do go back to Cory.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Fair, but not every player reacts the same way. Some guys get better by playing through rough stretches, some guys might need a few games off. Although I guess at this point we've got nothing to lose by giving him some time off.

But I'm not going to flip out if we do go back to Cory.

Well Cory hasn't exactly responded well to playing through it, time to try the other way especially after a good one by Keith.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Kinkaid keeps playing like this, he may end up in Vegas.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe if he plays like this the whole season and if he does, I'd much rather extend him first and see if we could get a pick for him and expose Wedgewood instead. No one will take Wedgewood, I hope we don't use him as our backup either.

They'll have other options, like MAF probably. Unless Rutherfool channels his inner Gillis and trades Murray like Vancouver did Schneider and he keeps MAF instead. Which would be asinine, since MAF is 10 years older and not very good to begin with. And hasn't had a great playoffs (outside of one round in 2015 where he was good against the Rangers) since 2008. He wasn't even good in the cup winning year.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Schneider will be in there Saturday ... hopefully if he is in there he will play with the confidence and aggressiveness that Kinkaid showed tonight.

That's a dumb move. Have to use kinkaid....he earned it. He's got confidence which is something cory lacks right now...positioning tells you that. Goalie is mostly a mental game, confidence is huge.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What really needs to happen is this staff needs to come up with the way to ensure that our goalies aren't facing close to or over 40 shots per game, or at least not as much as they are now.

But this staff is either completely clueless as to how to approach that or they've just simply lost the room.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

This would be the wrong move. Seeing what Hiney Head has managed to pull off this year, starting Cory in the next game wouldn't surprise me.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not sure about that. Maybe if he plays like this the whole season and if he does, I'd much rather extend him first and see if we could get a pick for him and expose Wedgewood instead. No one will take Wedgewood, I hope we don't use him as our backup either.

They'll have other options, like MAF probably. Unless Rutherfool channels his inner Gillis and trades Murray like Vancouver did Schneider and he keeps MAF instead. Which would be asinine, since MAF is 10 years older and not very good to begin with. And hasn't had a great playoffs (outside of one round in 2015 where he was good against the Rangers) since 2008. He wasn't even good in the cup winning year.

Keith's a FA after this year anyway, they'd have to sign him again to expose him.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Nah, his **** poor play deserves his ass to see the bench over a goalie who just held the Capitals to one goal.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What really needs to happen is this staff needs to come up with the way to ensure that our goalies aren't facing close to or over 40 shots per game, or at least not as much as they are now.

But this staff is either completely clueless as to how to approach that or they've just simply lost the room.

What really needs to happen is the entire staff needs to be fired.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't want to get on the fire Hynes bandwagon but I'll jump onto it with both feet if they play Cory Saturday and he has another bleh 4-2 5-2 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad