Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Ward was a freaking animal and a PO monster to boot

Keep Ward, add Oshie and Williams and they'd have been unbeatable

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hard not to get excited about Winnik getting another goal, and the team earning a point against the storied Devils franchise.
Just have to manage the puck a bit better and trust the system...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Winnik tied for 6th on the team in goals scored after being scratched 10 games. That says a lot right there.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hard not to get excited about Winnik getting another goal, and the team earning a point against the storied Devils franchise.
Just have to manage the puck a bit better and trust the system...

How many have you had tonight? :laugh: ;) :laugh:

More Grant Paulson. Channel change time.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We'd better trade Holtby before his shootout problems hurt us in the playoffs. :sarcasm:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Winnik tied for 6th on the team in goals scored after being scratched 10 games. That says a lot right there.

'Tied for 6th on the team' doesn't say much to me about anything.

But the offense has certainly flatlined. That's for sure.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
'Tied for 6th on the team' doesn't say much to me about anything.

But the offense has certainly flatlined. That's for sure.

Says that he has more goals than Kuzy and Burt and Carlson and Orlov and Eller and Sanford and doesn't get to play. You can look at the lack of scoring from those guys and others and the team's problem is right there.

Says a lot of about the attitude of Winnik too

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Says that he has more goals than Kuzy and Burt and Carlson and Orlov and Eller and Sanford and doesn't get to play. You can look at the lack of scoring from those guys and others and the team's problem is right there.

Yes, but the question is why? Why has the offense dried up so dramatically? Why has PP gone from one of best in league to mediocre?

Did GMBM make the wrong moves in offseason? Are players tuning out Trotz? Were the strategy changes we appear to have made -- e.g. less hitting - the wrong changes? Is there lingering psychological effect from being Pres Trophy flame-outs last year?

Yes, our offense is anemic. Question is why? Is it all just the individual struggles and flaws of the players you mentioned above?

I hate to say it, but I don't think it will turn around under Trotz. I think we'll tread water and pick up enough points to stay in the hunt. But an aggressive owner and GM would start thinking seriously about a coaching change.

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Who would support firing Trotz/hiring Gallant in the middle of the season? It could result in the same bump the pens got both times they won the cup, or it could sink the team to a lottery pick.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Who would support firing Trotz/hiring Gallant in the middle of the season? It could result in the same bump the pens got both times they won the cup, or it could sink the team to a lottery pick.

I'd promote the hershey guy. Troy Mann.

I dont think trotz gets us to the promised land, and it feels like window is closing. Why wait till offseason?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ted doesn't really fire coaches in season, but the one time he did was Hanlon for BB and that worked out great. If Ted fired Oates after it was clear the team quit on him rather then trading for Erat things could be a lot different here.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Yes, but the question is why? Why has the offense dried up so dramatically? Why has PP gone from one of best in league to mediocre?

Did GMBM make the wrong moves in offseason? Are players tuning out Trotz? Were the strategy changes we appear to have made -- e.g. less hitting - the wrong changes? Is there lingering effect from being Pres Trophy postseason flame-outs last year?

Yes, our offense is anemic. Question is why? Is it all just the individual struggles and flaws of the players you mentioned above?

I hate to say it, but I don't think it will turn around under Trotz. I think we'll tread water and pick up enough points to stay in the hunt. But an aggressive owner and GM would start thinking seriously about a coaching change.
You covered many bases. I think bold is a major factor.

Up to this point I've been supportive of Trotz and non critical. I'm beginning to wonder now. Although all the other factors may weigh more than Trotz re their offensive funk :dunno:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'd promote the hershey guy. Troy Mann.

I dont think trotz gets us to the promised land, and it feels like window is closing. Why wait till offseason?

Please don't take Mann from us!

In all seriousness though Mann will eventually land an NHL gig whether it's a head coach or assistant role.

If Trotz is fired I wouls probably see them going to Reirden first since he's the associate head coach now

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
I think having some better passers on the back end would really help this team even strength. Top four D needs work. I'm not saying the players the caps have aren't good, just the mix just seems off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad