Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm at the point where I'd be surprised if it's not us.

Tony D, two social media accounts that are well-versed in getting abuse in the comment sections making cute jokes, Friedman making his prediction.

We've had bigger disappointments and honestly, more needs to be done with or without Dougie anyway.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Are people still penciling Boqvist to start in the AHL next year after he's played plenty in the NHL the last couple years and also after losing a few bodies on the bottom 6?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are people still penciling Boqvist to start in the AHL next year after he's played plenty in the NHL the last couple years and also after losing a few bodies on the bottom 6?
I mean, he really hasn’t shown much of anything at all at the NHL level to warrant an automatic spot.

I was way more impressed by Maltsev than anything I have seen from Boqvist.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I would. He did some nice things at the end of the year but I don't trust him to be the regular 3C and that's really the only spot he fits.

The best thing for him is to get as much playing time as possible and he's not an every night NHL player yet. We played him because we needed to because we didn't have enough bodies.

He's still waiver exempt and we should use it while we have it. I want him getting top-6 minutes in the AHL to at least start the season.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Today is "national new jersey day" so social media team has been playing into that.

We are reaching with the team social media stuff. They don't know anything.

The Tony D stuff is much more concrete get your hopes up news.
They can know things. I guess they might be only be going on media rumors, or rumors within the organization, or they could have been given more official info from the team. It’s not that much of a reach. I’m not sure why this is a much of a reach at this point.

Reactions: Hisch13r

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
The only issue I have with Dougie is if he goes with #19. It's just weird to see on a defenseman.
Thats nitpicking isnt it? (we can still yell Shanahan when he scores)
hqdefault.jpg

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
Coleman has only played 301 regular season games. Still lots of tread on the tires.
Evolving Hockey projects 4 x 4.7.
I'd be all in on a 4 year deal.
Yea, no way he is getting less than Goodrow. He is significantly better than him and it was apparent to anyone who watched the Lightning.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They can know things. I guess they might be only be going on media rumors, or rumors within the organization, or they could have been given more official info from the team. It’s not that much of a reach. I’m not sure why this is a much of a reach at this point.

The Amanda thing is much bigger than the team one. She knows full well the shit she’d take if she joked around about getting him and we didn’t

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Guys, I have a question. If we somehow will trade Meier, what kind of potential problem devils may have in the future with his salary and arbitration?

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca