Devils 2021 offseason (news, notes and speculation) - part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This will be a huge step for the organization if they can get Hamilton. Injects a ton of excitement into the fan base with drafting Hughes and then if they got Hamilton plus Tarasenko and ???
This is going to be a hell of a season . Playoffs are not I am very excited to watch this team .

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
220px-Hamilton-poster.jpg

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
For what it’s worth Canes fans over on their board are taking our media trolling, and the TDA signing, as proof positive Hamilton is coming here.

Ok just saw below, this is getting ridiculous.

mj2sexay

Jul 2, 2009
it's going to be very funny if it turns out the canes doug their own grave by throwing money at deangelo.

I highly doubt TDA's contract is going to be prohibitive or they'd put themselves in a position to lose Hamilton by bringing him in.

My read on it is its an excellent pivot (people can say what they want, but the kid can play), off them recovering from the inevitability of Hamilton signing with either the Devils, Seattle or Montreal.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
it's going to be very funny if it turns out the canes doug their own grave by throwing money at deangelo.

That wouldn't have happened. Either they can still sign him or they went after Deangelo knowing they won't get Dougie. They wouldn't have went after Deangelo if it would've stopped them from being able to get Dougie and Dougie wanted to stay

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Nashville is the one team that scares me re:Hamilton.

They seem to be the only other team that has the cap space and flexibility to sign him long-term along with the Devils. Would imagine Devils future looks better than Nashville long-term but they’ve at least gotten over the hump and made the playoffs with their current roster while Devils haven’t

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I highly doubt TDA's contract is going to be prohibitive or they'd put themselves in a position to lose Hamilton by bringing him in.

My read on it is its an excellent pivot (people can say what they want, but the kid can play), off them recovering from the inevitability of Hamilton signing with either the Devils, Seattle or Montreal.

That wouldn't have happened. Either they can still sign him or they went after Deangelo knowing they won't get Dougie. They wouldn't have went after Deangelo if it would've stopped them from being able to get Dougie and Dougie wanted to stay

unclench, fellas. i'm just making every doug pun i can think of. don't mind me

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->