Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Remember when hepatitis with Elias was the worst thing ever?

and then came back and proceeded to kick ass with a 97 point pace….he went on fire…....the team goes on an 11 game win streak at the end of the season to take the division and sweep the rags in 4 after that

….and then ….well……let's not talk about what happened next :banghead:

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
and then came back and proceeded to kick ass with a 97 point pace….the team goes on an 11 game win streak at the end of the season to take the division and sweep the rags in 4 after that

….and then ….well……let's not talk about what happened next :banghead:
I remember the last game of the season, we played Montreal, were down in the third by a few, we came back and won to take the division. I put on my Devils jersey and went to the local bar (in NY state) to the chagrin of most of the people there! But me and the bartender high-fived and went on and on about the game and Elias etc lol good... no GREAT times !

Reactions: HBK27

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I remember the last game of the season, we played Montreal, were down in the third by a few, we came back and won to take the division. I put on my Devils jersey and went to the local bar (in NY state) to the chagrin of most of the people there! But me and the bartender high-fived and went on and on about the game and Elias etc lol good... no GREAT times !

was that the same season that johnny rochester scored 48 goals?

Reactions: Hisch13r

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
And Scott Gomez learned how to score goals for one season.:laugh:

i remember back in college (this was the 1870's) there was no way to watch the games. so, i don't remember what website it was, maybe ESPN? they had an electric jumbotron that showed the score, and it would update every few minutes as teams would score. and whenever a guy scored, they would show who got the G and who got the apples.

so whatever year the EGG line together, it would constantly be something like this:

Elias (Gomez, Gionta)

then a few minutes later it would be

Gionta (Elias, Gomez)

then

Elias (Gionta, Gomez)

...just ridiculous. but yeah, gomer was a streaky scorer to say the least. but he could charge the puck through the neutral zone like no other center we had

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
was that the same season that johnny rochester scored 48 goals?
yup just checked BIG Gio had 48 that year
And Scott Gomez learned how to score goals for one season.:laugh:
Gomer had 33 plus 51 helpers
great season end, great first round sweeping the Rags then losing ugh to Carolina the way we did, remember Brad Lukowich SMH

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Remember when hepatitis with Elias was the worst thing ever?
He almost died, it was the worst thing ever. (I’m assuming that the hypothetical “Zajac on a ventilator” doesn’t exactly fit with Palmieri saying Travis is feeling better. No one feels better in those situations, they get or do better.)

Reactions: glenwo2

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Apologies if this has been answered already, but Kulikov and Gusev are both still on the COVID-19 protocol list, but skated today, and with Boqvist who wasn't even on the list? How does that make sense?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Difficulty breathing? Ugh. Sounds like MBW had more of close call with covid than anyone might have expected. Hopefully the team can do some sort of in depth workup on the returning players to make sure they don't have anything subtle going on the way Rossi did.

That's pretty normal symptoms for Covid.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Apologies if this has been answered already, but Kulikov and Gusev are both still on the COVID-19 protocol list, but skated today, and with Boqvist who wasn't even on the list? How does that make sense?
Odds are if they are skating, they are not on the list and we didn't get a good update to the list.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

Maybe Boqvist was in protocol but since he was on the taxi squad he wasn't part of the daily list that the NHL releases

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad