Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I was definitely not a fan of the hire at the time but Ruff really has grown on me, love the attitude and the mindset. Makes a world of difference when you have guy who’s been through the shit than a guy like skeletor.

I like Ruff's work so far but still feel that once our youth develops, we may need a top 10 coach to become a legit contender.

Reactions: MichaelJ

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I like Ruff's work so far but still feel that once our youth develops, we may need a top 10 coach to become a legit contender.

Ugh, what does this even mean?! This is so subjective. Some may say Ruff is top 10. There are only 2 active coaches who have multiple cups, Joel Quenneville and Sullivan. These so-called “top” coaches keep getting gifted great teams with nothing to show for it. It would be cool to find out how many teams won the Cup the same year firing a coach.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Does at least one of the goalies go on waivers tomorrow? Can you keep 4 on the active roster? Toronto had 3 earlier in the year. 4 seems like too many.

This is a good question & I'll be curious to see how the roster shapes up later this afternoon.

Goaltending situation needs to be addresses sooner or later - would think there's a decent chance of Wedgewood hitting waivers this afternoon.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Ugh, what does this even mean?! This is so subjective. Some may say Ruff is top 10. There are only 2 active coaches who have multiple cups, Joel Quenneville and Sullivan. These so-called “top” coaches keep getting gifted great teams with nothing to show for it. It would be cool to find out how many teams won the Cup the same year firing a coach.

Yeah, it's crazy how these guys can have a little success and then just ride on that for years. I've always wanted that super enthusiastic and meme-able coach from Sweden. That would be fun.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Is this something you’ve been concerned about a lot since he’s coached 10 games? Geez.

People were underwhelmed when Ruff was hired but he’s here and I think he deserves a honeymoon phase if the team progresses. He’ll get his shot and he should.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

New, restructured roles include Scott Clemmensen appointed as Director , Goaltending Development; Kate Madigan named Executive Director, Hockey Management/Operations; Jim Mill takes over as Director, Pro Scouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->