Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Quoting a post from the last thread...

the rule was out in place in a rare bit of foresight by the NHL. With them implementing no changing for icing they saw the players were likely to just flip the puck in the crowd. So the needed a detriment. My guess because fans could I’m get injured (and even killed in one instance) by pucks going into the crowd

Most of the pucks flipped into the crowd aren't very hard at least but definitely understand the NHL wanting less fans to be hit either way. Unfortunately that poor girl who was struck was from a slapshot that was deflected and the hospital really messed up and didn't catch what was going on with her quickly enough. Really was an awful tragedy that could have been avoided. It's wild to think that those nets have been there for almost 20 years now and I don't even notice them anymore.

Personally I would just like to see the delay of game penalty reduced to at least not counting pucks that's are simply deflected.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Well, we already 'know' 6 of these - PL Dubois, Patrik Laine, Jesper Bratt, Sami Vatanen, Aaron Dell, Eric Comrie - how many other players changed teams in the last 4 weeks? I do think there's a bit of fudging going on here.

Carrick cause of going to the hospital for the birth of his kid, Kakko was only on a few days so clearly wasn't positive, maybe he had a false positive test or I have no clue about his living situation and personal life but maybe his gf or family member ended up with covid or possibly exposure and he told the team to play it safe.

At least it shows with situations like Kakko the league is being proactive with placing guys on it just in case instead of just being reactive.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Question for whoever mod wise but why lock the old thread hours ago and not make a new one immediately?

Anyone can make a new team thread, I just didn't feel like doing it on a phone and didn't have time outside of lunch anyway.

well I guess that is good news?

This would make it all the more silly that the NHL is going to such lengths to hide why guys get placed on the COVID list, they obviously don't care about perception because the perception is it's out of control in the NHL in large part because of the number of guys on the list. Plus over the long haul we'll be able to tell how many of these guys were positives and how many were just close contact-ish related based on the amount of time they're on the list anyway.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd imagine the majority of ours is contact tracing which is why it makes no sense they even flew together to Buffalo when Zajac added to the protocol. They were ALL around him prior to that and it makes even less sense that they played Sunday after Palmieri was knocked out.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

6 pm is the early NBCSN slot that Devils-Penguins was supposed the fill. I think this means that game is likely to be postponed next week.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
With his eyes at his age how will he be able to distinguish them?
97ff066e3b5e65e53ee376f85ac97dfd--mr-magoo-vintage-cartoons.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia