Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think I like
Hall Nico Bratt
Gusev Hughes Palmieri
Coleman Zajac Simmonds
Wood Zacha and honestly I would like Bastian on this wing.

I think I like this and share the same notion with regard to Bastian being the RW on that line. That's a very heavy fourth line.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This is the essence of the problem as I see it....we have lots of guys who bring what Boqvist does who are better at it...we don't have any guys that bring what Wood does. If Boqvist should be in the lineup he should be replacing a player that he is better than for the job description....we have lots of scapels
and almost no hammers and most seem to want to add another scapels at the expense of a hammer.

This doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

You're creating a zero-sum game when there's no need for it. Boqvist and Wood can both handily fit into the bottom-6; it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Gusev - Hughes - Simmonds
Boqvist - Zajac - Bratt
Coleman - Zacha - Wood

What's the issue?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I agree we need some "thumpers" on this team and Wood brings that, but he still takes bad penalties, I really liked him 2 seasons ago, thinking he'll improve his game but...

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
when Wood's playing well he's a good bottom 6 forward that's disruptive and is able to generate good high scoring chances with his speed and tenacity/ability to crash the net. when he's off his game, offense dies on his stick. it seems like his brain thinks as fast as his feet do, and not in a good way, in that he's rushing to make decisions with the puck and often just resorts to trying to chip it past people to try and use his speed and win the battle.

I love the guy but he can be really frustrating to watch

Reactions: MadDevil

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'm looking at our roster with a projected $84M cap in 2020-2021, and we're going to be in trouble. Keeping Hall puts us in immediate cap trouble, and creates even more cap trouble a year beyond that; letting him go really hurts our team depth. A conundrum.

Losing Greene and Vatanen is going to eviscerate our defensive depth and I'm not sure how to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad