Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
“ken, ken!” i shrieked as the players marched off the bus and into the arena. daneyko’s gaze met mine, our eyes locking for what seemed to be an eternity. he threw me onto his broad, glistening shoulders and carried me onto the bus, closing the door behind him.

he laid me on a bed of old national geographic magazines, as wave after wave of involuntary ******* rippled through my body. he nuzzled my ******* with his stubbly head. i yearned for more.

again.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes but if the subject veers into anything regarding the devils and money or cap management or anything like that, it is a knee jerk reaction of this board to swarm to the side of "no big deal, this is normal, this is nothing, who cares". Its just the way it is.

ah someone mentioned the word contract, so the Zezel alarm got sounded. Good to know you only post about one of two things on this board. Still.

Reactions: Bleedred

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If this team ends up doing anything, you're gonna look back and relish that Shero did nothing this summer.

He rightfully concluded that there are enough fresh bodies competing for the few spots available. Some kid will want it more than a third tier UFA.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Look, I was hoping we would have made a trade for a DMan this summer, but the right opportunity did not present itself. How many good DMen got moved? Dougie Hamilton? After that, who else?

I am disappointed we stood pat. But I also understand it. Starting next year, we are going to have an influx of DMen likely ready to take over for guys like Greene

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Look, I was hoping we would have made a trade for a DMan this summer, but the right opportunity did not present itself. How many good DMen got moved? Dougie Hamilton? After that, who else?

I am disappointed we stood pat. But I also understand it. Starting next year, we are going to have an influx of DMen likely ready to take over for guys like Greene

again.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i won’t post the twitter account because mods remove it (although it has a good track record) but, in regards to karlsson rumors-

NJD are offering Zacha+McLeod+Greene+2019 first.

for a signed karlsson, i make that deal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If it's blacklisted here, there's a reason for it. And good luck getting Greene to waive his NTC to go to the dumpster fire that is Ottawa in that hypothetical.

Reactions: HBK27

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Was it the same Twitter account that was the guy who designed a (hideous but absolutely serious) third logo for the Hurricanes and asked his followers to Retweet it so the team could see it?

Because, that to me just screams "Someone who has no inside knowledge of hockey".

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i won’t post the twitter account because mods remove it (although it has a good track record) but, in regards to karlsson rumors-

^^^Trusted Source for sure

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You and I both know that OTT holds out for Lovejoy in a deal for Karlsson

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I dont want to pay the assets for Karlsson. Not unless its cheaper than what Id think it'd cost.

Id willingly move Butcher+McLeod+2019 1st+2020 2nd(becomes 1st if NJ makes cup final in 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons). This is for an extended Karlsson paying 11.5-12m/8 years. Dont like the contract too much but its what itd take to get it done.

much more than that and I pass.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’ll be gone next season and I won’t be able to make these absurd comments so I have to get them all in now.
In before the ''Devils extend Ben Lovejoy: one year/$750k'' thread that's soon to come!:sarcasm:

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
To be fair the cap itself seems to go up every year and other guys will come off the books by then.

Oh for sure, I'm just making the point that while we obviously could probably afford to overpay Wood, we are not going to have all of that space in only a few years time. Hall is getting at least a 3 mil a year raise, Vatanen will get a good amount more, Hischier and Butcher will get larger contracts, etc. Yes the cap goes up and contracts will end, I'm just not all for throwing money just to do it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I dont want to pay the assets for Karlsson. Not unless its cheaper than what Id think it'd cost.

Id willingly move Butcher+McLeod+2019 1st+2020 2nd(becomes 1st if NJ makes cup final in 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons). This is for an extended Karlsson paying 11.5-12m/8 years. Dont like the contract too much but its what itd take to get it done.

much more than that and I pass.

Keep Butch

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If it's blacklisted here, there's a reason for it. And good luck getting Greene to waive his NTC to go to the dumpster fire that is Ottawa in that hypothetical.
Most of these ''Rumors'' guys are illegitimate. It's pretty easy to come up with a trade scenario between two teams just by looking at rosters. Just take a look at the main board proposal forum!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia