Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
under preforming this yr signed through 22-23 at 5.5m Maybe Shero is hoping he can buy low ? That's a ton of cap though if he doesn't recover.
5.5 while a decent bit really isnt much 2-3 years down when youd know Zucker is as good as said underperformance - by then its not a big deal and likely movable - if not its a mere dent in the cap.

I think its worth it - he fits out style as well, idk his size though to be honest with you

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
So Mojo likely goes for a single 2nd or a mid level NHL ready prospect Ray likes if the Dzingle trade is any barometer
Seeing the Zuccarello deal, we should be making that 2nd a conditional pick. E.g,, becomes a 1st if he resigns or they reach conference finals.

Reactions: mdj12784

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Can’t use other teams picks and the players people want offersheeted cost multiple 1sts.

It isn’t realistic.

The point is that having replacement picks for the ones lost in the OS.

Still, I don’t see Shero going the route.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Lucic + Puljujarvi + 2019 1st round pick (not protected)

for

Noesen + Bastian + 2019 3rd (Dallas)

I'd do it

This wouldn’t happen until the offseason anyway. But it’s not unrealistic to think Edmonton will give up a lot to be rid of Lucic’s contract and the only team that could afford to do it more than us is Ottawa, but he might refuse to be traded there. If we’re confident that there will be compliance buy outs with the next CBA, I’d do it. And even if not, the buy out after next year hurts, but is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad