Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
There's a ton of smoke around this notion that the Devils are looking into serious roster turnover.

Can't help but think the Devils brass is purposefully leaking these rumors. Seems like they've had enough with the current group as they've been playing.

Seems like all of the insiders are trying to hype up Boyle, Kinkaid, and Johansson the last few weeks.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Considering JQ didn't get the call-up with Seney/Anderson going down, I would have to say both him and Lappin will probably end up being shopped.

JQ could be a part of a package. Lappin would probably be for a swap similar to DSP/Matteau, but I would have to think Shero will look to give both an opportunity.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Doubt much turn over happens at the deadline, those moves simply aren't there unless you have a surplus of high picks like Buffalo has an was able to make that move for Montour

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Why am I skeptical that Kinkaid will be on the move?

Because it makes little sense. What current NHL playoff team has a backup goalie injury problem? Because that's the only possible target.

If such an animal exists, Kinkaid is probably worth a 4th or 5th round pick, but I'm not sure any playoff team has that problem right now.

Reactions: Bleedred

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Can't help but think the Devils brass is purposefully leaking these rumors. Seems like they've had enough with the current group as they've been playing.

Seems like all of the insiders are trying to hype up Boyle, Kinkaid, and Johansson the last few weeks.

Could it also be in regards to someone like Severson? He's been incredibly frustrating his entire time here.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Could it also be in regards to someone like Severson? He's been incredibly frustrating his entire time here.

Severson traded?

Stop teasing me like that.

th

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Because it makes little sense. What current NHL playoff team has a backup goalie injury problem? Because that's the only possible target.

If such an animal exists, Kinkaid is probably worth a 4th or 5th round pick, but I'm not sure any playoff team has that problem right now.

I don't think the Devils will really care for the return.

Moving Kinkaid is solely to open up a spot for Blackwood and probably do him a favor by letting him prove himself again.

If he just stays here, good chance the Devils call up Blackwood and play Kinkaid sparingly for the rest of the year. Makes more sense for the Devils long-term to give Blackwood minutes and try to get Schneider's game back to where it was.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Unless you want to do something crazy like trade Palmieri for two 1sts I don't think we have any realistic trade bait other than the obvious guys. Our players either have to much value to trade or too little value to get a return.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Doubt much turn over happens at the deadline, those moves simply aren't there unless you have a surplus of high picks like Buffalo has an was able to make that move for Montour

Definitely not.

I don't expect any of the roster turnover to happen between now and tomorrow's deadline. Shero will likely just liquidate our expiring contracts for picks.

The magic will happen (per usual) at the draft.

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad