Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Proof of life: Taylor Hall. Cory and Noesen lol, Will Butcher Overlook Hotel, Trav gonna Trav.

oFoIRn0.png

Lmao Cory making Noesen look like his prom date

Reactions: JK3

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Is Bastian better than Studenic? I'll be honest, I'm not able to follow Binghamton due to where I live so I'm not quite as adept at knowing our prospect system as I want to be.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ceci being available scares me.
We better stay away from him. Now (which I think we will) and in free agency, assuming he's a UFA.

The Sharks better stay away from him too.

He sucks.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
In terms of talent? probably not. In physical maturity for a bottom 6 role? yes.
What's Studenic's upside? He seems like a 3rd liner to me but that purely based off his numbers currently. I've just always assumed his upside was a 2nd line winger. Seems more adept to that than a bottom 6 role.

Bastian I always felt was a bottom 6 guy just based on what I knew about his skillset during the draft. Could he be like a Coleman and be a decent 3rd liner?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
What's Studenic's upside? He seems like a 3rd liner to me but that purely based off his numbers currently. I've just always assumed his upside was a 2nd line winger. Seems more adept to that than a bottom 6 role.

Bastian I always felt was a bottom 6 guy just based on what I knew about his skillset during the draft. Could he be like a Coleman and be a decent 3rd liner?
I'm not sure Bastian has a NHL future, he reminds me of someone like Nik Antropov, big kind of awkward when he skates. If he can become a true bulldog in front of the net he could carve a career for himself.

I don't know enough about Studs other than he's fast and has a good shot. Not sure how he is in creating space for himself an his 2 way play

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
get these non-sacred cows outta here
who are the non-sacred cows that have decent value? Zajac I can see to a team like Nashville but it'd be weird to see the Devils deal him. Maybe Greene with his contract retained for a team looking for a bottom pair/good PK'er. I'd be pretty surprised if Zajac/Greene were dealt (Zajac moreso) but who knows with Shero.
Zacha probably has more value to the Devils than the Devils could receive in a trade.
Hall, Hischier, Bratt I think are part of the 'sacred' category.

Kind of excited to see what will happen but watch it just be MoJo/Kinkaid

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Christ, Greene looks like he's like 55

Noesen looks old too. Always thought he had an older look about him than 25. Actually, he just turned 26. Knew he was a 93 birthdate and a 2011 draft pick. It's not just the quickly receding hairline either, he's got some mileage on his face. He's probably the oldest looking guy on the team after Greene. And more than half the team is older than him. I don't even think Lovejoy or Zajac look older than him, probably not even Stafford either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember when Ottawa's defense was supposed to hinge around Ceci... pre-Chabot, obviously...

The demise of that organization truly has been remarkable.
Chabot is actually pretty good.

They easily have the worst defense in the league, but I think he's really good. And he's eating up a lot of minutes with Karlsson gone. A pretty ridiculous amount for a guy that's been 21 for most of the season.

After him it gets pretty bad.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Why am I skeptical that Kinkaid will be on the move?

Because you’re assuming GMs and Scouts have eyes.

But seriously, for a 7th round pick could Kinkaid’s agent convince me that the goalie coach is the issue and Kinkaid is better than he has shown this year? Possibly. It might be worth me getting a close look at him for cheap.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Noesen looks old too. Always thought he had an older look about him than 25. Actually, he just turned 26. Knew he was a 93 birthdate and a 2011 draft pick. It's not just the quickly receding hairline either, he's got some mileage on his face. He's probably the oldest looking guy on the team after Greene. And more than half the team is older than him. I don't even think Lovejoy or Zajac look older than him, probably not even Stafford either.

With Winnipeg in a window of contending, I could see them making a move for hometown Zajac with serious retention. I doubt it would happen until the offseason if at all.

I think Zajac has to waive to get dealt. I don’t know if he’s interested at all but maybe he’d do it for Winnipeg. Still can’t see him traded at this point.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Seney and Anderson will benefit from top line minutes down there. Rooney is what he is and im sure ray is looking to offload Stafford for a bag of pucks

They'll benifit from top line minus on a bigger tire fire than the Devils? lol.

This fanbase values that shit heep of an AHL team way too much when it has produced dick for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad