Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part Xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't get too excited about someone being on pace for 64 points. Let's see if he actually gets there first. Bratt looked amazing last year until the second half of the season hit.
64 points for a 19-20 year old in his second season (with few power play points) isn't something to get ''Too excited'' about? Really? On pace for almost 50 even strength points and 5 points in 6 games that Hall has been injured, is nothing to get too excited about?

I don't throw around this phrase often, but this is a really bad take. Close to astronomically bad.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Hishier wasn't any sort of generational talent, we all knew that. But he's totally lived up to his expectations and continues to improve. His defensive game is already outstanding. At 19/20 he is on pace for 60 points. Once he hits his prime he will likely be putting up 70 or more points a year and be a great defensive player. That is a huge asset and difference maker on the ice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't get too excited about someone being on pace for 64 points. Let's see if he actually gets there first. Bratt looked amazing last year until the second half of the season hit.

Comparing Bratt to Nico is unfair, Nico played all 82 last year and had 52 points. There’s no reason to assume a second half swoon when it didn’t happen as a rookie.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I really don’t get how you can look st this team and think 2C is a bigger hole then multiple spots on our defense.
I definitely do. I firmly believe that the problem with our D is our system. On top of that, we already have potential NHL defensemen in our pipeline.

2C is a glaring hole to me, and I'm not confident at all that Zacha, McLeod, and Seney can fill it in the future.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Former Devils forward Mike Peluso on Thursday filed a federal lawsuit against the team for failing to disclose the extent of his head injuries suffered during his NHL career.

The suit was also filed against former Devils GM and president Lou Lamoriello, plus Dr. Marvin I. Ruderman, Dr. Barry Fisher and Dr. Len Jaffe.

A brain injury suffered on Feb. 14, 1994 is at the center of the suit, where Peluso alleged the team and doctors “intentionally, deliberately, fraudulently, and with callous disregard” hid the true extent of the injury, leading to other issues with his brain health through the rest of his playing career, which ended in 1998, and into retirement. The suit said Peluso has suffered from nine grand mal seizures and early onset demential, which are also signs of CTE.

Peluso had his first grand mal seizure in 1994, and the suit alleged the team disregarded a report from Dr. Ruderman, the team’s contracted neurologist, that said further head trauma would lead to additional seizures and brain damage.

Mike Peluso files federal lawsuit against Devils over head injuries | Read the full court filing

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I really don’t get how you can look st this team and think 2C is a bigger hole then multiple spots on our defense.

Because it's not. D is WAAAAAY more of an issue than 2C. At most 3 of our guys would make other teams top 6s and often times that's being generous.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Being from near Toronto I've watched Jake Gardiner a lot and let me tell you he makes Damon Severson's defensive positioning look elite. He constantly skates around with one hand on his stick in both the offensive and defensive zone skating laps with no real idea what he is doing other than wanting to play forward. He is much better on the powerplay than Severson and that's about it. If we have the two of them on this team next year my TV will not make it through the first game of the season because it will have the remote control stuck in it.

No to Gardiner. He won't improve the "defense" of the defense one bit.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

lol

yeah Nico hit 52 points last year and its definitely insane to think he will improve 12 points this year.

ESPECIALLY considering Nico does most of his damage at even strength...defintely not something to get excited about

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Obviously we have to see the trial first but if Peluso is telling the truth then the Isles absolutely have to get rid of Lou. This would be beyond awful if true.

There's no way to prove that they deliberately lied to him unless there is some sort of hard paper trail, which I'd be the farm there isn't.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Stop reading trash from the mainboard.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So, since he's filing a lawsuit against the Devils, who exactly is he filing it against? These are occurrences that happened 20+ years ago, that was the last time he was on the team.

Is this lawsuit against Lou? I would think it's not against the Devils as in current ownership, who had nothing to do with this and weren't even here?

I'm not quite an expert when it comes laws or courts, as you can see, but I was just thrown off when I've seen that he's suing the ''Devils''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad