Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Same love Boyle and also would be nice to see him play meaningful hockey

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I can see Boyle at worst bringing a second, if a bidding war breaks out it's either a 2nd + or MAAAAYBE a 1st.

Johansson could bring a 2nd if he can get back and show he's healthy but I still think they might keep him bc they'll want to extend him.

Lovejoy will bring a 3rd. I'm fairly confident in that.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I know it doesnt happen often but I think Boyle is the perfect candidate for a trade and re-sign after the playoffs. His family doesnt even have to move itd only be for 2-3 months

Renting him out to Boston for the playoffs could be ideal for everybody.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't want Boyle to go. He's good and he's a good vet for the kiddos.

I love the guy too but if they're still ten points back in six weeks and you can get a 2nd rounder (or even a 2 +) for Boyle on an expiring deal it'd be irresponsible not to do it.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Ok so who wants to sum up the article... #buzzkill, jk.

- Hit a homerun on this year’s 1st
- Solve the 2C spot
- Re-sign Hall and extend Nico
- Add a top pair defender or two equivalent to Vatanen
- Find an equivalent replacement for Johansson
- Hire a VP of analytics
- Replace Pellegrini and Fletcher in the FO; maybe Fitz if he leaves
- Extend Butcher
- Experiment w/ Butcher/Vatanen pairing
- Add Smith and Boqvist and give McLeod an extended audition
- Trade pending free agents at the deadline
- Sign Davies and/or Walsh
- Bring Boyle back

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Trade Boyle at the deadline, tell him to go win a Cup and is welcomed back with open arms again next season if he wants to return. He still has it. On pace for 20+ goals, been solid on PP and PK. Potentially will be the best season of his career.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Trade Boyle at the deadline, tell him to go win a Cup and is welcomed back with open arms again next season. He still has it. On pace for 20+ goals, been solid on PP and PK. Potentially will be the best season of his career.
If Im one of the kids id be saying ‘if Brian can do all of this at his age with what he went through, theres no reason I shouldnt be putting my all into this and not making excuses for myself’

Thats just one of a hundred things I could say Boyle does for the kids. I do hope he comes back (unless he asks not to be moved)

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Trade Boyle at the deadline, tell him to go win a Cup and is welcomed back with open arms again next season if he wants to return. He still has it. On pace for 20+ goals, been solid on PP and PK. Potentially will be the best season of his career.

eh...i’d rather zacha take boyle’s place next year. mcleod should take zacha’s

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
eh...i’d rather zacha take boyle’s place next year. mcleod should take zacha’s

While this would be ideal, we have little depth as is now (hopefully more going into next season) and if McLeod weren't to be ready yet, Zacha were to hit a rut (not entirely unreasonable), or something wouldn't work out with both, we could be in somewhat of a hole there.

If we could bring Boyle back or somebody of similar caliber, I don't think it would hurt to have that added cushion. If all 3 or the majority of McLeod, Zacha, and Boyle/other addition were to work positively, then even better. If the rest of the offensive lineup is firing well also and we would have to make tougher decisions to sit guys that deserve to be playing, then we are in a pretty good position.

Reactions: MartyOwns

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
was this shared/talked about?

Very good article, agree with most of it.

This was my favourite part:

"Walsh, a 2017 third-round pick, and Davies, a 2016 seventh-round pick, are fifth and sixth in the country in points per game among NCAA defensemen this season. Three of the four guys in front of them — Adam Fox, Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar — are currently three of the top NHL prospects"

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The college boys have been putting up points for their entire college careers.

I do worry about their ability to play defense on a D that has lots of these types of players.
Shero has always favored puck moving, offensive defenseman. I just hope we trade for one top 4 dman who is more known for his defense than his offense, because we need it desperately.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They should trade Boyle and let him sign with another team in the offseason. Get value for him and avoid when he falls off the cliff in the next year or two.

Reactions: devilsblood

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i think it’s a lot easier to draft and develop a stay at home type defenseman. if we’re trading valuable assets for one we’re in trouble. santini could be one in a year or two

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
- Hit a homerun on this year’s 1st
- Solve the 2C spot
- Re-sign Hall and extend Nico
- Add a top pair defender or two equivalent to Vatanen
- Find an equivalent replacement for Johansson
- Hire a VP of analytics
- Replace Pellegrini and Fletcher in the FO; maybe Fitz if he leaves
- Extend Butcher
- Experiment w/ Butcher/Vatanen pairing
- Add Smith and Boqvist and give McLeod an extended audition
- Trade pending free agents at the deadline
- Sign Davies and/or Walsh
- Bring Boyle back

Thanks for risking imprisonment. Interesting with regard to Johansson. I think they're going to try and keep him.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I’d rather just keep Kinkaid and hopefully Blackwood is the real thing. We know Kinkaid is a fringe starter at worst.

I’d be ok with selling off on guys like Boyle, Johansson, and Lovejoy. I’m fine with their play, more than fine with Boyle’s, but they’re not long term pieces that will help us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad