Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
thats insane.

i mean last year was crazy that there were only 2 afternoon games but they really overcompensated. good for attendance though

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I personally hate matinee Saturday games, especially cause you can't park on the street for free and I hate going in the middle of the day but that being said I perfectly understand why they are doing it and it's smart marketing wise cause more people do like them.

This schedule is basically perfect for me because the Devils are away during all the other bigger events and trips I have to do. Couldn't be happier with that aspect.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
it's great for growing the young fan base i totally get that aspect but like 5 games would be sufficient. 11 is excessive

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
So.. Looking at either a 2 week trip in March:
@ Flames
@ Oilers
@ Canucks
@ Avs
Capitals
Bruins
Coyotes
Sabres

Flames is actually my birthday and I have friends in Calgary, so would be a good trip.

Or, I finish the season:
Blues
Rangers
@ Canes
@ Florida
For something different and see 2 arenas I haven't been to before.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
it's great for growing the young fan base i totally get that aspect but like 5 games would be sufficient. 11 is excessive
Well not all are home games. I think 8 are.

If those games are sell outs, with lots of kids there, then that is great for the organization. I won't be able to see them live given I work saturdays, but I have dvr, and there are 33 other home games. I'll just have to suck it up.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
**** the league and their dumb game schedules holy ****

To be fair, teams submit like 50 possible home dates and the league chooses from them, so the teams themselves (or more likely the buildings they play in) are probably just as much at fault for it. Besides, we've still probably got it easy in terms of travel compared to most western teams.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I'm kinda glad for all the Saturday matinees. I took my (at the time) 3 year old daughters to the home opener and they had so much fun and wanted to go to more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad