Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Question, has it been announced that Amanda Stein will be the full time beat reporter going forward or just temporary? If it’s full time she really needs to get going with some tidbits for us.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Question, has it been announced that Amanda Stein will be the full time beat reporter going forward or just temporary? If it’s full time she really needs to get going with some tidbits for us.
i'm pretty sure she's been full time with the devils. she should have stuff for us soon, since she's been really dedicated to social media (whether you like that side of her or not).

guarantee you she picks up some tidbits and draft interviews/quotes. plus...

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Yes she’s full time. Pretty sure she was given time off here and there after the team was eliminated, but she’s said in their podcast that she’s flying out to the draft as noted above. They’ve said they’ll have a sit down with our first rounder.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018

I think she reported earlier that she was down to her orange or red shoes for tonite. There shoudl be a glamour shot coming at about 6:25 assuming draft is 7:30 EST.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think she reported earlier that she was down to her orange or red shoes for tonite. There shoudl be a glamour shot coming at about 6:25 assuming draft is 7:30 EST.
I swear she has more posts about her shoes than the players.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's actually kind of annoying. I wish she had a separate twitter handle just for Devils stuff.
meh. It's kind of cute, and it's easy enough filtering through the stuff. It just annoys me that she constantly retweets posts. I think she's made a new post only to find it's a repeat.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This place is hilarious. There's always an outrage. :laugh:

We didn't even get inside access to the team 3 years ago. Now we have someone who is employed to do that, and does with their personal Twitter, but god forbid does personal things on it.

Let's bring Chere back instead, the crotchety old grump who hardly knew what social media was.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Realistic or not ill be upset if we arent involved in a trade tonight.

Even if its trading back a spot or two and picking the one pick I heard about - My Tarasenko clone, I think his name was Kravtsov?

IMO if you dont draft a bigger RW like him tonight (pick for NEED) then trade it. 90% of drafts I pick BPA, but having drafted so much recently and winning the 1st overall and Bratt surprising... we should push a need agenda for once. If a guy like Kravtsov is a big, good skating sniper like Tarasenko is - then no reason he cant play in his first year or two

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i'd rather let millenials be millenial, since it's a fight you'll lose 100% of the time. the old man in me has cynically accepted the self-absorption of the 21st century. anyway...

so the pick we want ideally is ready.... now? i know this is team discussion, but if we're drafting someone for instant impact, i assume it'd have to be at worst a middle 6 C/RW?

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Sarcasm? Can't tell.

When the Devils hired Amanda I saw that she was from Montreal and I was immediately afraid that when the Devils play Montreal that she may root for Montreal. But when the Devils played Montreal Amanda defiantly posted several times that even though she grew up in Montreal and loves all of her friends who have been with her through everything growing up, she would be rooting for the Devils, I knew we had someone special providing us with players to watch. If you don't see that I honestly feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Darkauron

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
i'd rather let millenials be millenial, since it's a fight you'll lose 100% of the time. the old man in me has cynically accepted the self-absorption of the 21st century. anyway...

so the pick we want ideally is ready.... now? i know this is team discussion, but if we're drafting someone for instant impact, i assume it'd have to be at worst a middle 6 C/RW?
Wait. I thought YOU were a millenial. Or at least on the younger side.

There's about 18 or 19 players I'd love to have in this draft, so I'm guaranteed at least one will be available where we pick. It doesn't look like anyone outside the top couple picks will be ready immediately, and the vast majority seem like they'll take 2 years minimum. A lot can happen in 2 years, and we can't guarantee a position of need now will be a position of need in 2 or more years.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Wait. I thought YOU were a millenial. Or at least on the younger side.

There's about 18 or 19 players I'd love to have in this draft, so I'm guaranteed at least one will be available where we pick. It doesn't look like anyone outside the top couple picks will be ready immediately, and the vast majority seem like they'll take 2 years minimum. A lot can happen in 2 years, and we can't guarantee a position of need now will be a position of need in 2 or more years.
i'm 27 but was raised to not be so self absorbed - i'm fairly hands off with social media because i just feel like it's really braggy, but... to each his/her/it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad