Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
I'm kinda glad for all the Saturday matinees. I took my (at the time) 3 year old daughters to the home opener and they had so much fun and wanted to go to more games.

i'm going to be brave and take my 5 year old twins to a game this season. with 11 matinees to choose from, hopefully can go without it costing an arm and a leg for tickets.

Reactions: Japam

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i'm going to be brave and take my 5 year old twins to a game this season. with 11 matinees to choose from, hopefully can go without it costing an arm and a leg for tickets.

There's always good deals to be had, just keep them away from the ridiculous concession stands.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Valentines day an my fiance is a Hawks fan. They might end my relationship lol

I'm engaged to a die-hard Hawks fan too, but I root for them as my 'second' team so it's not too bad (i'd never want them to win over the Devils though). I totally didn't notice it's a valentines day game though, my brain didn't put two & two together, at least she'll be excited to go with me haha

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
why is Jersey not a part of any rumors? You know I figured id have more fun with rumors when Shero came in - in fact I find us in LESS than when we had Lou!

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
why is Jersey not a part of any rumors? You know I figured id have more fun with rumors when Shero came in - in fact I find us in LESS than when we had Lou!
Shero's even more secretive than Lou! In fact, he's so secretive, even his secretivity is a secret!

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So as of today, our projected cap hit is $3.5 million below the floor, and we don't even have anybody expensive to re-sign. We won't be worrying about cap space for a while! :laugh:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Wish a .pdf was available. 2017-18 is still up on the Devils site. Month by month is current, but I want the .pdf so I can print it and tack it up on the wall next to my desk at work TOMORROW. Yes, I'm impatient. :thumbu:

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I don't think there have been any rumors with any trade Shero has made here. Everything has come out of the blue.

BTW, your avatar is offensive. Did you lose a bet? :sarcasm:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I love Saturday afternoon games.

Well you should be happy then, because 78% of the Saturday home games are day games.

Three of 4 Sunday games are 1pm starts too, so TEN of 40 Devils home games are 1pm starts this season (11 of 41 if you count the Euro game).

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is the WORST schedule I've seen in YEARS. They play almost all their Saturday home games at 1pm.

SEVEN 1pm games, and TWO 7pm games = AWFUL.

thats bad.

….and holy f*** a game @ toronto friday november 9th …..a non mid week day! i cant remember the last time thats happened…..its about time

edit…..nov 8 2013 was the last one…..the hall of fame weekend.

also, 14 back to backs this season if i counted correctly

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
This was probably talked about earlier but I still think it makes sense for both teams, maybe - if the Devils moved Quenneville to the Islanders for Ho Sang, with maybe the Islanders throwing in a late round pick in one of the next 3 drafts. Maybe the Devils need the LW depth and should keep Quenneville - they don't have a lot of it off the NHL roster, but they have a ton of it on the roster.

Reactions: snwbdgislife

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

This is what I'm banking on. My daughter will be 5 this season and I've hesitated because of noise and ticket costs. Now the noise won't be an issue and hopefully some of these games hit stubhub and we can go.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This was probably talked about earlier but I still think it makes sense for both teams, maybe - if the Devils moved Quenneville to the Islanders for Ho Sang, with maybe the Islanders throwing in a late round pick in one of the next 3 drafts. Maybe the Devils need the LW depth and should keep Quenneville - they don't have a lot of it off the NHL roster, but they have a ton of it on the roster.

I don't think the Isles would be the ones adding in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad