Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BB's been in the top six/nine pretty consistently, there's no chance he sits. It's either JJ or Kalinin almost certainly.

JJ is already sitting. Kalinin is the one I think sits.

They could sit BB or Wood but I don't see that being where they could go.

Could also hold Zacha back one more game too

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
John Moore: "I think Hynes spoke for all of [b/f prac] in that if your not [ticked] off I think there's something a little bit wrong w/ U"

Moore talking about what Hynes said before practice.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
JJ is already sitting. Kalinin is the one I think sits.

They could sit BB or Wood but I don't see that being where they could go.

Could also hold Zacha back one more game too

God, no. Sit Kalinin, he's not a center in my opinion and he's a decent 4th liner but our 4th line is set. Get Zacha back in there right away.

Camille the Eel

Kalinin has been playing well and with compete level. It's been spinning their wheels, I will admit, but I don't blame this guy. That line has at least tried to establish a forecheck but it's been very predictable and has led nowhere.

If anyone's been futile last couple of games - it's Fiddler, Wood and Lappin (very promising in games before) who have looked absolutely clueless. Like a wind up toy just spinning along, or one of those electric football games of my youth where the board buzzes and the guys just head every which way.

Among the forwards Henrique has also been particularly lost out there. And instant death on the power play. Puck goes down that sidewall. Presto Finito. Play over. Dead.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
There are very few players I doubt the effort of. Kalinin's issue is his limited skill set. He just can't do much. Stephen Gionta had the same problem - nice guy, hard worker, he's just not good at hockey.

Not necessarily his fault, play him if you have to but replace him with a better player when you can.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Don't agree at all. You can't tell me Auvitu has been playing worse than Moore or Merrill.

I get that he's sheltered but come on. Sheltered or not he was making a positive difference.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Auvitu down and Gadzik recalled....WTF? That's not exactly the move I envisioned.

I figured Gadzic might be in the picture after the Devils have been physically pushed around the last few games. I don't even have an issue with Ov2 going down if you were bringing Santini up but the gifting of time to the current d core is mystifying.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Auvitu is the only waiver exempt defenceman we have isn't he? I'm guessing they wanted to recall Gazdic at the expense of a defeceman without having to expose anyone to waivers.

He'll be back in no time i'm sure.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I couldn't care less about how physical the guy is. He isn't an NHL player and will provide nothing positive to this team. There are probably 5+ guys in Albany who would do more for this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Auvitu is the only waiver exempt defenceman we have isn't he? I'm guessing they wanted to recall Gazdic at the expense of a defeceman without having to expose anyone to waivers.

He'll be back in no time i'm sure.

They have 15 forwards and 6 D now iirc. You have to sit three forwards to get Gadzic in the lineup...Josefson, Kalinin and someone like Lappin who they could just send down anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad