Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Good for him, deserves to be in the NHL. That being said, I'm not losing any sleep over him being waived

Camille the Eel

Good for Boucher. It's a perfect fit for him, he has just the complementary pieces to maximize what he does and he's the perfect fit for them.

When he got a chance with us, like the end of last year, he showed good hands and a quick release of a strong, fast and hard shot. Wrist shot and snap shot were impressive. He had developed the knack for being at the right spot to get it off. His skating style (upright style but a traditional one, not very different from Elias actually) didn't fit with the program right now. But with the predators I think he may have a very happy future.

By all accounts a good kid. A good team mate. And clearly in his best shape of his career right now.

I'll be rooting for him except not against us!

Music City - Plaisir de te connaitre!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Albany could have used him.

But I'm glad NYb didn't claim him.

When Nash gets healthy they will waive Bouch.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Bouch is more talent than you'd generally like to lose to waivers, but there just wasn't room for him here. There might be even less room next season.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Bouch is more talent than you'd generally like to lose to waivers, but there just wasn't room for him here. There might be even less room next season.

I absolutely hate that he was waived but the writing was on the wall. I liked him but his lack of skating ability killed him. Plus he's not playing over Cammalleri or Hall and he's not really suited for bottom 6 type work. Numbers game... I would've preferred them not to just waive him though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hopefully #16 is soon to follow....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So he didn't play today lol...he does come back in two and a half weeks, if he's still on the Preds then.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I thought if you got picked up off the waiver wire you must be on the 23 man roster the entirety of the season. Is that not the case?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought if you got picked up off the waiver wire you must be on the 23 man roster the entirety of the season. Is that not the case?

Unless something has changed, that's not the case.

Urbom was waived again like a month or two later and we claimed him haha.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
We have accumulated quite a bit of LW depth. Hall and Cammy are obviously 1 and 2 and then there's guys like Wood, Quenneville, and Kalinin.

It appears the organization is now viewing Blandisi as a C. It will be interesting to see if he gets a callup if any of our C get injured.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have accumulated quite a bit of LW depth. Hall and Cammy are obviously 1 and 2 and then there's guys like Wood, Quenneville, and Kalinin.

It appears the organization is now viewing Blandisi as a C. It will be interesting to see if he gets a callup if any of our C get injured.

Would like to see him called up if Zacha goes on IR.

I don't expect Zacha to be out for long though. Perhaps Tuesday, if even that.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Now might be the right time to give Zacha a game or 2 off actually. He could use a breather.

Honestly, they are going to have to do that with these young forwards, if we play them every game from here on out, by March they will hit the wall.

Also trying to think of the style of play Wood reminds me of, Rick Tocchet comes to mind. Wood might never be the goal scorer like Tocchet, but they are both a power forward in the same mode.

Wood is going to surprise a lot of people, his skill set is built for the NHL, yesterday, today and in the future too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig