Development Camp June 27-29

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Brady Shaw looks like he's been hustling, and showing a bit of skill from the clips I've seen. Wonder if they give him an AHL deal?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With the development camp already finishing and everything else nearing, shouldn't this team have already hired assistant and goalie coaches? What are they waiting for?

All the talk last year that Bednar was hired in the last second not having time to get familiar with players and stuff, now they haven't even hired a assistant and goalie coach. I just don't get this organization

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
With the development camp already finishing and everything else nearing, shouldn't this team have already hired assistant and goalie coaches? What are they waiting for?

All the talk last year that Bednar was hired in the last second not having time to get familiar with players and stuff, now they haven't even hired a assistant and goalie coach. I just don't get this organization

They were probably already hired, but nobody cares to report it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Petersen and Parkkila. I am Ristodamus.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Y'all went there essentially to watch Makar play and I find the lack of daily updates on his performances a bit disturbing.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Y'all went there essentially to watch Makar play and I find the lack of daily updates on his performances a bit disturbing.

He was only in the real practice the first day. Half of the guys weren't skating the second half of this camp. They overdid it the first day and half of them had to sit out. Then there's the guys who overdid it training with the Avs and couldn't skate at all. So that's disappointing that their development camp kinda didn't work at least the on ice part. The only guys that y'all care about that made it through were Beaudin, Barron, Timmins and Mironov.

I thought that was Henry with 93 mph shot at shooting practice but idk it's not like we got to see it.

Yes, Greer was there every day. He's not officially part of the camp but he's here working out. First day he spent probably four hours shooting pucks on the goalies. He was part of practice yesterday and was out there again today working on his puck tippping and making life for the goalie miserable in front of the net things. Ben Storm has been around too.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

He didn't skate today at all. It was a pretty depleted group today, all told. Some thoughts on the guys I did see:

- Moilanen has great hands in close and a sneaky shot. He's stocky, but short. Jost looked like he had almost two inches on him side-by-side.

- I was impressed by Larkin, he's definitely got some good skills.

- Mironov makes a hard, accurate pass and gets his shots on net. He's not going to deke anybody, but the basics are definitely there.

- Timmins could stand to work on his shot some, it's accurate, but he'll need more velocity on it at the next level.

- Jost looked competitive and hungry, which is surprising since he's basically there for his own amusement. His wrister was accurate and lethal in the drills.

Everybody else I either didn't see or didn't make a huge impression.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He didn't skate today at all. It was a pretty depleted group today, all told. Some thoughts on the guys I did see:

- Moilanen has great hands in close and a sneaky shot. He's stocky, but short. Jost looked like he had almost two inches on him side-by-side.

- I was impressed by Larkin, he's definitely got some good skills.

- Mironov makes a hard, accurate pass and gets his shots on net. He's not going to deke anybody, but the basics are definitely there.

- Timmins could stand to work on his shot some, it's accurate, but he'll need more velocity on it at the next level.

- Jost looked competitive and hungry, which is surprising since he's basically there for his own amusement. His wrister was accurate and lethal in the drills.

Everybody else I either didn't see or didn't make a huge impression.

He's mainly there to lead by example. Show the youngsters how to work in practice. Also to be a leader, and help the youngsters off the ice.

The Avs have done this a little while now. Bleackley was supposed to be the leader in his second dev camp in 2015 for youngsters like Mikko and Compher. Then it was Mikko and Compher's turn to be leaders in 2016 for guys like Jost. Now it's Jost and Greer's (in his 3rd camp) turn to be leaders for guys like Makar and Timmins, who will probably take on that role next year.

They want these guys setting an example of how to be pros.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Jost it and Greer are gamers. Glad they've been around the young(er) tykes this week. Better than letting Dutchy mope around, teaching them how to play Green Day covers on guitar.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Even with Makar, Jost is still my #1 prospect. Absolutely love him. Not just the player but the person too, seems like a really really good guy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Jost it and Greer are gamers. Glad they've been around the young(er) tykes this week. Better than letting Dutchy mope around, teaching them how to play Green Day covers on guitar.

Those two seem like buddies already and will probably have great on ice chemistry, I think their games would compliment well. Kinda a story from today, Greer was on the other end of the ice and when he was finished shooting on the goalies he joined for the last drill Jost was doing and passed to him for a goal and they had a huge celebration together like it was in a game. Lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Giving Duchene WAY too much credit on his musical taste. :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even with Makar, Jost is still my #1 prospect. Absolutely love him. Not just the player but the person too, seems like a really really good guy.

Agreed.

This may not be a popular opinion buy I really think he will be the next Captain of this team. Landy gets moved sometime in the next 2-3 years and he takes over the role.

Everything about him just screams Parise to me.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Giving Duchene WAY too much credit on his musical taste. :laugh:

Oh, absolutely. If given a choice, it would probably be some bubblegum country crap.

I'm too lazy, but I wanted to dig up the clip from his rookie season where Altitude/Julie Browman did a feature on him and his guitar "skills". Pretty sure he was covering Green Day :laugh:.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Agreed.

This may not be a popular opinion buy I really think he will be the next Captain of this team. Landy gets moved sometime in the next 2-3 years and he takes over the role.

You lost me at Landy gets moved. Better get a new GM because this one ain't moving no one.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Those two seem like buddies already and will probably have great on ice chemistry, I think their games would compliment well. Kinda a story from today, Greer was on the other end of the ice and when he was finished shooting on the goalies he joined for the last drill Jost was doing and passed to him for a goal and they had a huge celebration together like it was in a game. Lol

Personally I'd love to see a line combo of Greer-Compher-Jost, this season. I think they'd do really well together.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Oh, absolutely. If given a choice, it would probably be some bubblegum country crap.

I'm too lazy, but I wanted to dig up the clip from his rookie season where Altitude/Julie Browman did a feature on him and his guitar "skills". Pretty sure he was covering Green Day :laugh:.

Apparently Green Day is one of the easiest bands to learn.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

The Green Day songs he, er, plays, are 21st Century Breakdown, Warning and East Jesus Nowhere.

Proof perhaps that high quality gear isn't enough to make you sound good. That amp looks like I'd need to forego food for a year to own

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Agreed.

He's got captain written all over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad