Development Camp June 27-29

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Having this a bit early this year. Sad there appears to be no scrimmage this year but I'll be glad to go down at least one day and check out the kids. A lot of them have been around working out too, so they are kinda working this in. I think they usually have 3 groups and are having 4 this year. More invites? Expected bigger draft class?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That's actually pretty cool. Guess we don't have to wait long to see them on the ice. Really wish I lived in Colorado for things like this!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going to be able to go for the last day, it looks like. Have to work the other two.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Having this a bit early this year. Sad there appears to be no scrimmage this year but I'll be glad to go down at least one day and check out the kids. A lot of them have been around working out too, so they are kinda working this in. I think they usually have 3 groups and are having 4 this year. More invites? Expected bigger draft class?

I might join you

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would love to go to this, but knowing it will entirely be skating drills I think I will pass until more information comes out.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Well that didn't last long. :laugh:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Going to post this here for now, at least until we figure out some more details and then decide if we want a separate thread for it:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh nice find, thanks.

AZ was previously with LA, who is going to do something with Vegas now. Makes sense AZ jumped in.

The "Latest Threads" sidebar actually came in handy! (I generally never pay attention to it...but the thread title I found this info in caught my eye :laugh:)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hugo is a great kid! Not sure he has an AHL future, but just a fantastic kid.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Francis Leclerc is interesting. Was the best rookie goalie in the QMJHL last year with Alex D'Orio. I would have invited Baribeau or Samuel but not like they'd sign the goalie anyways.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any word on the camps roster or will that likely be Monday?

I did see that there is an afternoon session including all the groups. I wonder if that is puck and shooting drills. I might check out one of those days.

Nice to see Leclerc get an invite although camp invites rarely turn into anything as we've seen over the years. Go get 'em kid!

Avs don't really invite these kids just for development camp only, we've seen in the past that they also invite these kids to the main camp as well.

You might disagree with me Bender, but I suggest that if Gregoire's has a good camp, he can definitely be signed to an ELC deal. He has PPG as a defender during his first draft year eligibility. I get the sense that if the NHL rounds were expanded back to 8 or 9, Avs would have taken him there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad