Speculation: Detroit Red Wings TDL

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Yeah, I understand people getting hyped about finally being sorta in playoff contention, but Yzerman didn't come here to try and make the playoffs; he came here to build a team that will have a 5-10 year window to compete for championships. It made no sense to be a buyer, not at this point. I could possibly see a hockey trade, but it now seems clear he didn't want to give up assets to acquire a player. He brought on pretty much no salary and accumulated quite a few draft picks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Caphits for season 2023-24:

IN
Vrana retention 2.625M

OUT
Vrana, 5.25M
Hronek 4.4M
(Sundqvist UFA)
(Bertuzzi UFA)

So from next year's cap, Yzerman cleared 9.65M out and got 2.625M in. ~7M of new space.

Did give a 2.6M raise for Larkin
Did give a 2.4M raise for Walman
Did give a 750k raise for Määttä
-------
Total 5.75M of raises

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I'm not sure why so many were clamoring to trade Perron. We saw repeatedly how hesitant teams were to take on term. He will be more valuable next year when he is on an expiring deal.

Reactions: Ricelund

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Caphits for season 2023-24:

IN
Vrana retention 2.625M

OUT
Vrana, 5.25M
Hronek 4.4M
(Sundqvist UFA)
(Bertuzzi UFA)

So from next year's cap, Yzerman cleared 9.65M out and got 2.625M in. ~7M of new space.

Did give a 2.6M raise for Larkin
Did give a 2.4M raise for Walman
Did give a 750k raise for Määttä
-------
Total 5.75M of raises

Cap space doesn't matter, the Wings can't spend it all. They'll likely be 10-15 under the cap next season unless Yzerman swings some crazy trades.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1677879191962.png

Our picks for next 3 drafts.

Atoadaso

Mar 27, 2019
Don't like the moves that were made and that they didn't unload just about anybody else other than Seider and Larkin.
Perron must be a coveted playoff performer
After nearly 50 years of being Wings' fan I feel like I may switch allegiance to the Bruins
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***
50 years and this is the year that broke you lmao? Don’t come crawling back

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
what the hell?

I agree. Yikes.

Frankl,y for what you had that was truly movable? Yzerman acquitted himself very well. Hronek was a very valuable piece. Bertuzzi was simply not going to be re-signed at the price he wants nor do I think it'll be a wonderously easy sign for any team to give him 7x7 or something. Hell, Yzerman may be able to bring him back, if we're being honest.

Sunny is the "dime-a-dozen" guy that you're sad to trade because you kinda like him, but a fourth rounder is worth more than because you can add that same type of guy like Sunny on July 1 pretty easily.

Vrana was radioactive for some reason. I'm really sad, because I loved the player, but sometimes you just have to cut bait.

Frankly, Klingberg at a 2025 4th? I'd probably like being in on that because it's freaking dirt cheap... but I understand why not.

This was a good, solid deadline. Nothing really to hate unless your only driving force to watch the team was Bertuzzi or Hronek or Sundqvist.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I agree. Yikes.

Frankl,y for what you had that was truly movable? Yzerman acquitted himself very well. Hronek was a very valuable piece. Bertuzzi was simply not going to be re-signed at the price he wants nor do I think it'll be a wonderously easy sign for any team to give him 7x7 or something. Hell, Yzerman may be able to bring him back, if we're being honest.

Sunny is the "dime-a-dozen" guy that you're sad to trade because you kinda like him, but a fourth rounder is worth more than because you can add that same type of guy like Sunny on July 1 pretty easily.

Vrana was radioactive for some reason. I'm really sad, because I loved the player, but sometimes you just have to cut bait.

Frankly, Klingberg at a 2025 4th? I'd probably like being in on that because it's freaking dirt cheap... but I understand why not.

This was a good, solid deadline. Nothing really to hate unless your only driving force to watch the team was Bertuzzi or Hronek or Sundqvist.

Is that post satire? Is he mad that Yzerman didn’t sell more? Perron is still under contract next year it’s not like Yzerman threw away assets.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Don't like the moves that were made and that they didn't unload just about anybody else other than Seider and Larkin.
After nearly 50 years of being Wings' fan I feel like I may switch allegiance to the Bruins
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***
Can't blame Yzerman for much here. He's acquiring the right assets, just need them to turn into good players. Teams don't want the rest of our garbage, hence there were no further moves. I doubt most of our players are worth anything at all.

The only move I really didn't like by Yzerman the last 4 years was the Copp signing.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***
If this is your reaction to this trade deadline, I don't understand how you ever made it past the Adam Oates trade.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***
Perron has a year left, he'll go next deadline for a pick. We need capable NHL players down the stretch and next year too.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The ******* Bruins? 🤮

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***
Ayo?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad