Speculation: Detroit Red Wings TDL

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Don't like the moves that were made and that they didn't unload just about anybody else other than Seider and Larkin.
Perron must be a coveted playoff performer
After nearly 50 years of being Wings' fan I feel like I may switch allegiance to the Bruins
f*** Yzerman. Dumb f***

Perron and Kubalik are deadline bait next year if we are in a similar position. There is no guarantee we find impact players in free agency next year. We still need to be competitive and give the young guys a chance to grow and push the ceiling of the team.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Perron and Kubalik are deadline bait next year if we are in a similar position. There is no guarantee we find impact players in free agency next year. We still need to be competitive and give the young guys a chance to grow and push the ceiling of the team.

I think I’ve decided in my own head canon that CAR wanted to add Perron, specifically because they hate rentals and he had another year and they could use him after missing in Meir and Bert.

Stevie reached out to PHI to lock in a JVR trade to lock in Perrons replacement hence the hulaballoo over the confirmed deal.

Went to Perron to see if he’d waive his NMC and he just had a kid like 10 min ago and wouldn’t do it because he would have to uproot everything with a newborn and the whole thing imploded.

Trade was conditional based upon the Perron trade going through and Wings cancelled the deal and Fletch confirms that “deal was always conditional with the other team”

:End Head Cannon

That being said, I still think Perron is moved regardless of the Wings being in the mix or not next year

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Why not just add JVR anyways. You weren’t blocking anyone, hell they just signed Alex chiasson to play. A 4th round pick would have been worth it to get JVR to help keep team competitive

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Why not just add JVR anyways. You weren’t blocking anyone, hell they just signed Alex chiasson to play. A 4th round pick would have been worth it to get JVR to help keep team competitive
I am honestly starting to hate the word "competitive".
Sens (non playoff at the moment) showed you the real level of competition and how far away this team is from being one.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Imagine thinking things are so bad you would go cheer on the Bos.......ton Br Br Barfins..................................................................................................Great now I have mess to clean up!

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I still think the JVR thing was Yzerman trying a fetch him for a team that couldn't get a deal done with the Flyers directly ala Holland and Quincey in 2012.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Is this statement about the Islanders first round pick Detroit acquired saying the pick will transfer to the Wings, or will transfer to 2025? It is confusing as stated. I presume it means it would transfer to the Wings, because the other possibility doesn't make any sense to me.

Red Wings (protected top 12)

PICK WOULD TRANSFER BECAUSE ISLANDERS PICK IS CURRENTLY NOT IN TOP 12

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Is this statement about the Islanders first round pick Detroit acquired saying the pick will transfer to the Wings, or will transfer to 2025? It is confusing as stated. I presume it means it would transfer to the Wings, because the other possibility doesn't make any sense to me.

It's top 12 protected meaning if the pick is within the top 12 it defers to next year and is not protected in any way.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I am honestly starting to hate the word "competitive".
Sens (non playoff at the moment) showed you the real level of competition and how far away this team is from being one.
And yet the game before those… the Red Wings thoroughly dominated the game against the Lightning and lost because Vasilevskiy thought it was the finals again, apparently.

What I can’t stand is how prevalent it is to look at one game or one series of games and just pull a definitive “this team is dogshit, blow it up” or “this team is great and we should add”

The Wings are competitive in games this year. They have less depth and if they’re off on a night, they don’t have the talent to stumble through a game and win.

I will also say, I’m sick to f-ing death hearing about how the Senators and Sabres are so far ahead of us… when they have 66 points a piece with either the same games played or a game in hand and we have 65…. And oh, we were expecting 60 goals+ out of Vrana and Bertuzzi this year and they got 5 before they traded them both. And… they’ve both been dogshit for much longer and they got Stutzle with a pick that really probably ought to have been ours (if we didn’t drop to 4)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

How is it confusing? It’s standard pick protection.

Wings get the pick for 2023 if it is pick 13 or later. Islanders, I believe have the option to either give the pick in 2023 or 2024 if it falls anywhere from 1-12

Or rather, whatever year the pick is for. I didn’t look at the year. Maybe it’s a 2024 pick

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I will also say, I’m sick to f-ing death hearing about how the Senators and Sabres are so far ahead of us… when they have 66 points a piece with either the same games played or a game in hand and we have 65…. And oh, we were expecting 60 goals+ out of Vrana and Bertuzzi this year and they got 5 before they traded them both. And… they’ve both been dogshit for much longer and they got Stutzle with a pick that really probably ought to have been ours (if we didn’t drop to 4)
I particularly like how it tends to be the same people saying that Ottawa and Buffalo are ahead of us, as the ones saying how impatient they are with the results Detroit has shown. Holy frame of reference, Batman. Buffalo and Ottawa have been known as the farm teams of the NHL for over a decade...and the 4 years since Yzerman has been here has somehow been a disappointment?

I mean, if Arizona keeps acting as the Weekend at Bernie's of Pro Hockey for another 20 years, but then through sheer dumb luck happens to land the lovechild of Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid...is that the new "right way to win"?

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
How is it confusing? It’s standard pick protection.

Wings get the pick for 2023 if it is pick 13 or later. Islanders, I believe have the option to either give the pick in 2023 or 2024 if it falls anywhere from 1-12

Or rather, whatever year the pick is for. I didn’t look at the year. Maybe it’s a 2024 pick
It confused me because it just says "transfers." It doesn't specify whether it "transfers to the Wings this year," or "transfers to 2024." Either one is possible from the way it is stated.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I particularly like how it tends to be the same people saying that Ottawa and Buffalo are ahead of us, as the ones saying how impatient they are with the results Detroit has shown. Holy frame of reference, Batman. Buffalo and Ottawa have been known as the farm teams of the NHL for over a decade...and the 4 years since Yzerman has been here has somehow been a disappointment?

I mean, if Arizona keeps acting as the Weekend at Bernie's of Pro Hockey for another 20 years, but then through sheer dumb luck happens to land the lovechild of Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid...is that the new "right way to win"?

Arizona is trying to coast till their new arena is built. They won't turn a profit playing at the ASU arena so for the next couple season they need to be shoestring. Once the Tempe arena is built they shouldn't have much issues with attendance since it will be basically on ASU's campus and the east valley is more affluent and has more people than the west valley where Gila River is.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
It confused me because it just says "transfers." It doesn't specify whether it "transfers to the Wings this year," or "transfers to 2024." Either one is possible from the way it is stated.

Because either is possible. If the condition isn’t met (pick is after 12), the pick immediately goes to Detroit. If the condition is met, NYI or condition granter may still trade the current year pick or they can give the pick the next year, is my understanding.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Arizona is trying to coast till their new arena is built. They won't turn a profit playing at the ASU arena so for the next couple season they need to be shoestring. Once the Tempe arena is built they shouldn't have much issues with attendance since it will be basically on ASU's campus and the east valley is more affluent and has more people than the west valley where Gila River is.
The next few seasons? Dude, they’ve been shoestring ever since they moved from Winnipeg

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This isn't a knock on him, but he's 100% a me-first kind of player. He's going to do what he thinks is best for his career. There was no way he would stay in Detroit without an overpayment in dollars and term.
I can't say either way about me-first but I can definitely understand a scenario where he wants to lock up a long term deal and where the Wings are at they're not prepared to dedicate that kind of term and money to a player with Bert's injury history and style of play.

It'll be interesting to see where he lands this offseason.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I can't say either way about me-first but I can definitely understand a scenario where he wants to lock up a long term deal and where the Wings are at they're not prepared to dedicate that kind of term and money to a player with Bert's injury history and style of play.

It'll be interesting to see where he lands this offseason.
I get a sense he may end up as this summer's Klingberg.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
The Tampa Bay game was a total outlier. In almost every game after the All Star break, the Wings were outshot and out chanced. Their 5 on 5 play all year has been in the bottom 10 in the league and helped by a very high shooting % that is not in line with players historical norms. Buffalo and Ottawa are both better 5 on 5, which is probably why Yzerman said they are ahead of the Wings. Neither of those teams are good, maybe they are middle of the pack in the NHL. But they are definitely ahead of the Wings at the moment. It was good the Wings did a quick reset to get more cracks at finding elite talent in the draft and/or to trade for it. I think it was a perfect trade deadline considering their options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad