Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
glad to see kivenmaki out there doing well. Watched some game highlights, he doesn't even look small (unless everybody else is equally small). This could be a real home run pick.

I really hope Berggren's injury riddled D+1 season doesn't derail his development too much. Im such a huge fan of him, he was so dynamic in training camp last summer.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Joe Veleno, 99 pts in 53 game and a +61. Imagine him hitting +70 at the end of the year!
Crosby is the last one to hit more than +70, with +78 (2004-2005), it would be quite a feat.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Regula with another one a PP Empty Net Goal in 3-1 Win for London this afternoon... Now in 61 Games 37 Points (10 Goals) +32... Seems like we got a pretty good prospect in the 3rd Round.... He had 25 Points all of last year.

Next year will probably be even better because Bouchard and Boqvist will probably head to the League, but we'll see

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Joe Veleno, 99 pts in 53 game and a +61. Imagine him hitting +70 at the end of the year!
Crosby is the last one to hit more than +70, with +78 (2004-2005), it would be quite a feat.

he started the season as a +11 in his first 19 games too

so he's +50 in his 34 games since then

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Don't laugh or judge me lol but... In those few highlights, he looks like a poor man's Datsyuk... Not very big (Euro lol), really smooth, fantastic hands & quick release

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
So... McIsaac has to go back to Halifax next year, doesn't he? Sure seems like he's done with that level of play. Wonder what they're going to do.

If Pietrangelo, Hamilton, Ellis, etc. can go back for a year I don't see why McIsaac couldn't. I don't think there is a downside to sending him back to the Q, especially given the Wings track history with developing dmen.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
If Pietrangelo, Hamilton, Ellis, etc. can go back for a year I don't see why McIsaac couldn't. I don't think there is a downside to sending him back to the Q, especially given the Wings track history with developing dmen.
I'd like to see him get a 9 game tryout with Detroit next year, if he's ready, let him play. I'd hate to see him stall out like Kindl did. Not to say Kindl was a great prospect, just that he looked ready as a 18 year old and never found that same level again.

Reactions: NickH8

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'd like to see him get a 9 game tryout with Detroit next year, if he's ready, let him play. I'd hate to see him stall out like Kindl did. Not to say Kindl was a great prospect, just that he looked ready as a 18 year old and never found that same level again.

If he plays like he deserves 9 games in camp I'm sure they would think hard about giving him some games. He was really good in camp this year before he hurt his shoulder but theres no reason to guarantee him 9 games. Hes having an unreal season but hes still junior eligible and has things he can work on for sure. Let him go wear a letter for Canada and play on the top pair and go on another mem cup run, then maybe give him the Cholowski treatment the next year if he isnt really dominant in camp this year

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I agree with the 9 game tryout approach. Keep giving him those games (if he earns them in camp, of course) until he sticks or is AHL eligible.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
barring a bunch of injuries at the same time i'll be surprised if both Cholo and Hronek are up next year let alone there being any room for McIsaac

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
He had good seasons in Kitchener after he was drafted but nothing particularly exceptional for a mid first round pick.
I watched Kindl a few times with the Griffs and I came away with the impression that he is skilled but soft and lackadaisical.

Reactions: hkydave04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad