Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kloten will probably have to do without goalkeeper Joren van Pottelberghe for weeks is what I'm hearing. Bummer.

They wouldn't confirm that or disclose the nature of his injury during playoffs but since he didn't play in game 3 it's probably true. Would be devastating for both the kid and the team. Van Pottelberghe solved Kloten single handedly.
All Kloten said is that Joren suffered an injury in the 1st period of game 2 and had an MRI made afterwards. Not sure that's true because van Pottelberghe was able to finish the game with a 0.926 save percentage. He made 18/19 saves in periods 2+3 which would be remarkable for a goalie that's now apparently out for weeks:laugh::laugh::laugh::huh:

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, super unfortunate. Berggren is young though, doesn't turn 19 until July, so hopefully his development can just get on track next year.

Would be interesting to see if he'd come over to major junior if he was taken in the import draft. Not sure what would be better for him, tbh.
I think major junior would be better because he would become accustomed to the smaller rinks and NA hockey and adjust to the culture (especially if he won't be afforded a bigger role in Sweden).

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I think Berggren could be lent to an Allsvenskan team, still would get to play pro hockey, but a bit less competition than the SHL. Though ya never know, he's still really young and skilled, if he can manage to get healthy and have a good summer, he may be able to have an impact in the SHL next season.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I suppose it's because they know that it is the dream for most hockey players to play in the NHL.

Players have the option to push for an NHL out clause if they wish to leave for NA at some point. If they push for money or whatever else instead then it's entirely their fault. Most clubs don't let players out of a contract to play in NA.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Players have the option to push for an NHL out clause if they wish to leave for NA at some point. If they push for money or whatever else instead then it's entirely their fault. Most clubs don't let players out of a contract to play in NA.
Players in Sweden and Finland have automatic NHL out-clauses in all contracts.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Alec Regula keeps playing really well... PPG and assist tonight in an 8-6 Win... Remarkably was +4 while the team gave up 6 Goals

59 Games 9 Goals 27 Assists 36 Points +31

Reactions: mantha39

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
With van Pottelberghe still out, Kloten lost game 4 with 0-6 and is now down 1-3 in the series. They fired their Coach, too. They're the mess they were before Joren joined them. Once they're out we may get details about Joren's injury.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Otto Kivenmäki with his first goal with the big club while also getting an additional two assists against their rival team Lukko today. With a nice goal in the shootout also.

So 10 points in his last 8 games.

Reactions: waltdetroit

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Otto Kivenmäki with his first goal with the big club while also getting an additional two assists against their rival team Lukko today. With a nice goal in the shootout also.

So 10 points in his last 8 games.

This guy is starting to look like a really smart sleeper pick. He doesn't look as small as I thought he would when I have seen him and he absolutely drives offense, he is a dangerous player and really smart. Maybe he can grow a bit more or maybe he can become a Debrincat kind of player if he knocks it out of the park. Either way he is a intriguing find by our scouts, really happy with this pick.

Reactions: TheMule93

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This guy is starting to look like a really smart sleeper pick. He doesn't look as small as I thought he would when I have seen him and he absolutely drives offense, he is a dangerous player and really smart. Maybe he can grow a bit more or maybe he can become a Debrincat kind of player if he knocks it out of the park. Either way he is a intriguing find by our scouts, really happy with this pick.

Make Detroit Skilled Again

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad