Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
For Larsson to be having the kind of season he is coming of the severe groin injury and surgery is amazing. I think we have a very good goalie here, I will be curious to see how long they keep him in at Denver.

I'm sharing your enthusiasm about Larsson. There's something about him that gives me hope that he could be the stud goalie of the future. If nothing else, kudos to him making the all rookie team in a absolutely STACKED conference.

Reactions: hkydave04

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Larsson led the way with a .925 save percentage and a 2.14 goals-against average, while posting a 6-4-2 record in conference play (.583 win percentage). The Detroit Red Wings draft pick started half of the conference slate (12 games), recording one shutout, and was a two-time NCHC Goaltender of the Week, along with the December Goaltender of the Month

6-4-2 is a pretty great record, considering who they play against, right (Western Michigan, St Cloud, etc)?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
He started the season as one of the back-up goalies, then mid-way through the season became Denver's starter. He and the team have had a little of a cold stretch, so it will be interesting to see if Larsson get's the start in the playoffs.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Kivenmäki finished his Liiga season with an assist in a 4-1 loss

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Excited to see what the little guy can do for an encore next year
He really really really needs to add another 20-30 pounds in the next fistful of years to stand a chance. I am excited to see if he is able to improve on his strength in the offseason. Would it be wild to think he may push a point per game next season?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He really really really needs to add another 20-30 pounds in the next fistful of years to stand a chance. I am excited to see if he is able to improve on his strength in the offseason. Would it be wild to think he may push a point per game next season?

Yeah, kind of too wild for Kivenmäki...

Hardly even any veteran will push point per game at Liiga.

Aleksi Heponiemi at eliteprospects.com

Getting at Heponiemi level (very good stylistic comparable) at next season would be phenomenal. Almost impossible in a crap team like Ässät is.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
He started the season as one of the back-up goalies, then mid-way through the season became Denver's starter. He and the team have had a little of a cold stretch, so it will be interesting to see if Larsson get's the start in the playoffs.

He started the season injured and before he was injured was projected to be the starter.

But I get what you mean

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The Nchc tournament will be a good litmus test for Larsson. Every team will be stepping it up for a post-season push. North Dakota is done for the year if DU wins tonight. I'm expecting them to throw everything at our promising prospect.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Nchc tournament will be a good litmus test for Larsson. Every team will be stepping it up for a post-season push. North Dakota is done for the year if DU wins tonight. I'm expecting them to throw everything at our promising prospect.

They didn't do a bad job of that last night...:laugh:

I thought ND controlled the play, watched some of it this morning.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Interested to see where he lands in the next prospect poll.

Any good highlights of him?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LacrosseSave.gif

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Not much talk about Zach Gallant... I asked this question earlier when he was hurt, but now that he’s been back for a bit... do you guys think the Wings will sign him and play him in the AHL next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad