Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lindström will be in the NHL eventually, i really believe that he'll be a servicable 4#D logging big minutes. If there is such a thing as a modern defensive defenseman i believe he'll fit into that category, he has good defensive positioning for his age, the physicallity to clear infront or the net, good pinching and he pairs this with solid passing. Ideally he's the guy that plays with a offensive defenseman whom he can feed the puck to.

This sounds so "Mattias Ekholm" for me.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
This sounds so "Mattias Ekholm" for me.
Except Ekholm had 33 points in 55 games in the SHL in his D+2 season. Lindstrom has 5 points in 28 games so far in his D+2 season. What makes Ekholm so good is his ability to contribute a positively at both ends of the ice.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don’t think either McIsaac or Lindstrom will be in the NHL until like the end of next season. But I could see either being a solid middle pairing guy eventually.

Next year the only young guns on defense I’m expecting to have is Cholo + Hronek.

Does anyone know if Patrick Holway quit hockey altogether or plans on trying to play again? I liked that kid.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don’t think either McIsaac or Lindstrom will be in the NHL until like the end of next season. But I could see either being a solid middle pairing guy eventually.

Next year the only young guns on defense I’m expecting to have is Cholo + Hronek.

Does anyone know if Patrick Holway quit hockey altogether or plans on trying to play again? I liked that kid.

I find that whole situation very odd. I hope the young man is doing alright.

I have always liked him as a darkhorse prospect same with his ex-teammate in Pearson.

He isn't expected back in Maine, that much seemed clear by the comments.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I find that whole situation very odd. I hope the young man is doing alright.

I have always liked him as a darkhorse prospect same with his ex-teammate in Pearson.

He isn't expected back in Maine, that much seemed clear by the comments.

The rumor was that he left the program because he was not academically eligible. Part of me thinks he may have some intention of returning to Maine. Juniors isn't an option and if he had no intention I expect that he would have attempted to latch on with an ECHL or SPHL organization.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The rumor was that he left the program because he was not academically eligible. Part of me thinks he may have some intention of returning to Maine. Juniors isn't an option and if he had no intention I expect that he would have attempted to latch on with an ECHL or SPHL organization.

Interesting, I don't know one way or the other but that is certainly plausible.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Van Pottelberghe has played 8 games in the NLB and won all 8. 1.88 GAA, 93.9 save-%. The competition isn't great but at least he's playing.

Brattström has also got a few more games recently. Timrå is a terrible team but he's done okay. I doubt he will be their #1 goalie in the second half but should get more starts.

Eliasson finished the 1st half very strong. He will probably stay with Växjö U20 for the rest of the season but should see pro action next season. Allsvenskan would be a good option, college is also theoretically possible since he hasn't played pro yet.

Kivenmäki appears to be stuck in the Ässät U20 team for now. Their Liiga team has several guys out with injury but they seem to rather play d-men as forwards than call up a junior. He's too good for the U20 league, so I would like to see him loaned to a Mestis (tier-2) team. I do expect him to make the Ässät team next year, but he should already be facing stronger competition than what the U20 league offers.

Last edited:

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Except Ekholm had 33 points in 55 games in the SHL in his D+2 season. Lindstrom has 5 points in 28 games so far in his D+2 season. What makes Ekholm so good is his ability to contribute a positively at both ends of the ice.
John Klingberg had only 7 points in 36 GP between SHL and Liiga his D+2 year

Development and progression is far from linear

Let’s remain optimistic about what Lindstrom can become

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, and Ekholm was their 1st PP quarterback, which Lindström is currently not. Probably never be, like Ekholm has never been that in NHL.

That's where defencemen will collect most of their points.

Ekholm is that solid 4th. More than solid. Which Lindström could bee too, without misleading PP seasons at Europe.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Van Pottelberghe has played 8 games in the NLB and won all 8. 1.88 GAA, 93.9 save-%. The competition isn't great but at least he's playing.
I wonder what the plan is for JVP after this year? IIRC, he was offered a contract to play in Toledo/GR this season but he turned it down. I wonder if the season he’s had in Europe will change his mind.

We have to sign him after this season or we lose his rights, correct?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I wonder what the plan is for JVP after this year? IIRC, he was offered a contract to play in Toledo/GR this season but he turned it down. I wonder if the season he’s had in Europe will change his mind.

We have to sign him after this season or we lose his rights, correct?
Yes he has to be signed after this season. All signs point to him wanting to come to North America next season, but that of course depends on whether the Wings still want to sign him. The likelihood of him being signed has probably taken a hit due to the season he's had so far.

He won another game yesterday, a 5-0 win. Now at 9 games, 9 wins, 1.67 GAA, 94.3%.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
PPG for Seth Barton tonight (on Filip Larsson)

His solid Freshman campaign continues for UMass Lowell... 17 GP 2 G 5 A 7 PTS

I like those numbers. I will admit I don't know much about Barton at all. Can you give some insight on what his strength and weaknesses are and what type of player he projects to be?

Reactions: hkydave04

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Veleno had three more apples last night. Gives him 34 points in his last 10 games.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Pettruzzilla is currently 8-3 at Quinnipiac with a 2.30 GAA and .909 sv%. GAA is down by over half a goal and sv% is up about 1%

He'll need to take the reigns for his development at Quinnipac. He's splitting starts with Andrew Shortridge who is 7-1 with a .84 GAA and .965 save percentage:bow:, top dog overall in both catgories.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Pettruzzilla is currently 8-3 at Quinnipiac with a 2.30 GAA and .909 sv%. GAA is down by over half a goal and sv% is up about 1%

He'll need to take the reigns for his development at Quinnipac. He's splitting starts with Andrew Shortridge who is 7-1 with a .84 GAA and .965 save percentage:bow:, top dog overall in both catgories.
He got pulled yesterday... didn't play well (4 Goals on 21 Shots, last goal was a softie)... I wouldn't be surprised if Shortridge plays a bunch of the games down the stretch.

We just need one of Petruzzelli, Larsson or Eliasson to pan out and then we are set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad