Not open for further replies.

Christien

May 1, 2010
McIsaac with an assist already in the pretourny game vs the Swiss

nvm guess they're not gonna credit him with the assist

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
So, an important disclaimer for the WJC. Two of our prospects are on Canada, which is great.

But you should know that when things don't go well, Canadian fans get pretty abusive and start scapegoating whoever they can find. A common theme is trashing the lower drafted players there, as clearly they're holding back the better players. This often involves few actual details from the game, and sometimes doesn't even describe the player's game properly.

Anyway, this is starting to happen to McIsaac. Canada's defense group looked terrible last night, and McIsaac is getting criticized, despite having been fairly middle of the pack in that defense group in terms of performance. Dobson was actually a lot worse, for example.

People are starting to say that McIsaac is slow, too. Which is weird, because IMO he's clearly a good step faster than Bouchard, and they have no problem there.

Anyway, if Canada doesn't get their shit together, it's going to be pretty ugly.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So, an important disclaimer for the WJC. Two of our prospects are on Canada, which is great.

But you should know that when things don't go well, Canadian fans get pretty abusive and start scapegoating whoever they can find. A common theme is trashing the lower drafted players there, as clearly they're holding back the better players. This often involves few actual details from the game, and sometimes doesn't even describe the player's game properly.

Anyway, this is starting to happen to McIsaac. Canada's defense group looked terrible last night, and McIsaac is getting criticized, despite having been fairly middle of the pack in that defense group in terms of performance. Dobson was actually a lot worse, for example.

People are starting to say that McIsaac is slow, too. Which is weird, because IMO he's clearly a good step faster than Bouchard, and they have no problem there.

Anyway, if Canada doesn't get their **** together, it's going to be pretty ugly.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Anyway, if Canada doesn't get their **** together, it's going to be pretty ugly.

Yeah McIsaac was fine in the sense that he was middle of the pack. Dobson and Brook were definitely worse yesterday and Phillips was ridiculously bland. McIsaacs only bad play was a play where Brook left him out to dry completely. Even a guy like Bouchard played a lot and looked decent because he got PP mins and everything made a really bad defensive play for the swiss first goal. Hard to judge from their first real game together but I would bet the pairings get mixed up a bit. McIsaac played the PK pretty decent.

Veleno was pretty good though and noticeable at times for playing on the fourth line. He was the only one that looked offensive or creative on that line but he filled the role of checker/energy guy pretty well. There were some fans thinking he should be moved up to the second line and ANderson-DOlan moved down

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Veleno looked great yesterday and hopefully will be moved up the lines soon to a scoring line. McIsaac did not look good, looked more like last years version of him with some very poor defensive reads. Would also disagree with the take his skating being poor though, kid is very mobile.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Zadina played last night for Czechs in a pre tournament game against the U.S and set up Necas on the power play. I wasn’t able to watch the game but I heard he was pretty dominant out there.

Reactions: Frk It and mantha39

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Zadina played last night for Czechs in a pre tournament game against the U.S and set up Necas on the power play. I wasn’t able to watch the game but I heard he was pretty dominant out there.

It sounded like him and Necas were the only ones that belonged talent wise. USA whipped them pretty bad from most accounts last night.

I question some of the dark horse comments on them if they struggle that badly for puck control.

Reactions: Christien

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for posting this, I usually forget to read MLive as I'm not a Michigander. Based on this article & your knowledge/eye-test, do you think Veleno and/or Zadina make the Wings in '19-'20. If/if not, how probable are they to do so/not do so? Also, do you see either/both making it out of training camp or later in the season? Thanks.
I think Veleno could make the team as a fourth liner and then move up ala Datsyuk. Zadina I don't think makes it right away unless he goes on a tear late this season and hopeful call-ups with the big team. Zadina is more talented, don't get me wrong, but Veleno has the NHL tool set as it currently stands.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I think both play where they’re going to get the most ice time..not sure it’s Detroit for either

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think Lindstrom steps into Kronwall's spot next year as the team's #4 or #5, he has some pretty good stats so far ans is playing in a men's league.

Cholowski - Green
Lindstrom - Hronek
Dekeyser - Daley

Ericsson (extra)

Jul 30, 2005
I think Lindstrom steps into Kronwall's spot next year as the team's #4 or #5, he has some pretty good stats so far ans is playing in a men's league.

Cholowski - Green
Lindstrom - Hronek
Dekeyser - Daley

Ericsson (extra)
Lindstrom plays the right side I'm pretty sure, so he's probably not a good candidate to replace Kronwall. And I guess we can agree to disagree on what kind of production 2 assists in 28 games is.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Lindstrom plays the right side I'm pretty sure, so he's probably not a good candidate to replace Kronwall. And I guess we can agree to disagree on what kind of production 2 assists in 28 games is.
Lindstrom has 3 goals and 2 assists in 28 games at the same age Kronwall scored 1 goal and 9 assists in 31 games and only 1 assist in 15 playoff games.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Playing top pairing minutes in the SHL at his age is good.

More important is he looks good and has a physical element to his game when I have seen a few this year. Crisp passer that looks like he will like the game speeding up a little bit and the heavier aspect of NA hockey. Very encouraged when I have seen him this year. Excited for him to come over next year. Guy is really solid in my opinion. Not an offensive powerhouse, but he could become a Brad Stuart type in terms of not a dud moving the puck but not an elite number guy.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Cholowski - Green
Lindstrom - Hronek
Dekeyser - Daley

Ericsson (extra)

Watching Cholowski and Hronek lately made me completely forget DeKeyser was still on the team. f***.

Jul 30, 2005
Playing top pairing minutes in the SHL at his age is good.

More important is he looks good and has a physical element to his game when I have seen a few this year. Crisp passer that looks like he will like the game speeding up a little bit and the heavier aspect of NA hockey. Very encouraged when I have seen him this year. Excited for him to come over next year. Guy is really solid in my opinion. Not an offensive powerhouse, but he could become a Brad Stuart type in terms of not a dud moving the puck but not an elite number guy.
Oh, for sure. I think he's doing well, but more like "ready for the AHL next year" well, not "straight to the NHL" well.

Reactions: A Few Good Males

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Right-handed right-side defenceman yeah. We have left-handed people who are forced to play on right, and would be better on left. Lindström would finally fix that problem. Green-Hronek-Lindström on the right and we are set. when Green leaves, Regula could be next in line.

Righties on the right, and that's it. It's many times proven the best mix in hockey. L-R for every pair. Last time we had that was 2002.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Lindström will be in the NHL eventually, i really believe that he'll be a servicable 4#D logging big minutes. If there is such a thing as a modern defensive defenseman i believe he'll fit into that category, he has good defensive positioning for his age, the physicallity to clear infront or the net, good pinching and he pairs this with solid passing. Ideally he's the guy that plays with a offensive defenseman whom he can feed the puck to.

He needs to work on his speed to take the next step, luckily he's described by his coaches as a guy with great attitude and willingness to learn and improve. My bet is that he makes it full time in the nhl 2021/2022 season, hopefully he'll see some NHL times on and off in 2020/2021.

Anyway, i'm a big fan. He's getting big minutes in Frölunda which is encouraging since they're the number 1 team in SHL right now. He might not produce points but that's not his job, and i doubt he'll ever get a lot of points in any league with the style he's playing. If he improves his speed however and adapts his play-style he might be able to get more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad