Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Seems to me like it’s a good thing that he’s centering a line with two other (and arguably more highly coveted) centers
I think it only makes sense to play guys who have some familiarity with each other with each other. I know Comtois and Veleno have only been teammates for 5 games but that is 5 games more than Frost and Hayton.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Veleno scored in the shootout again tonight. Should likely know if they made the team tonight

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So 2 forwards still need to be cut. Vilardi, Anderson Dolan and Forementon are all really big injury risks, I dont think Veleno gets cut given whose left. Veleno is listed as a left winger by Bob Mackenzie actually which is the position Anderson Dolan and Forementon are listed at. I bet at least one of those guys cant play due to injury and Veleno being a center gives them versatility.

I would put Veleno at 90 % on the team right now, they took Markus Phillips on D though so who knows what could happen

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Formenton just ruled out of the Tourney... So 14 Forwards, 13 Spots... Who is the last cut? Can Joe Survive

I think itll be one of the injured players who get cut, if both of the injured players can go then itll be Bowers possibly.

Bob Mackenzie said its premature to rule out Rasmussen as well. Wouldnt be surprised if the wings release him since hes kinda gone cold lately

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Mackenzie said its premature to rule out Rasmussen as well. Wouldnt be surprised if the wings release him since hes kinda gone cold lately
I'm pretty sure Holland has come out and officially said no.

Red Wings not sending Michael Rasmussen to World Juniors

I watched the clip you're talking about, and I think that was just McKenzie pandering to the Team Canada hopeful. Right after that, the Blues confirmed that Robert Thomas won't be going, and I'd expect the Wings to reiterate that Rasmussen won't be going, either. Both had been previously reported, I believe, so that's why I say McKenzie was pandering a little bit.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hockey writers rate the DRW prospects. Interesting that they say we could trade some D prospects. They also rate our top F's high.

https://thehockeywriters.com/detroit-red-wings-midseason-prospect-rankings/

I'm not saying its because shes a woman but man that Rachel writer on that seems out of touch with some of those prospects. Her top prospects are a little messed up like I dont see how you can rank Zadina 3rd or Cholowski 4th after what hes done this year. But its when you get into some more of the depth guys that I really shake my head.

Undrafted, 5'8 Joe Hicketts who has shown he can maybe be a bottom pairing NHLer is ranked at number 5 one spot behind Cholowski while high picks like Lindstrom and McIsaac are all the way back at 11 and 12. McIsaac at 12 is pretty ridiculous too really, he should be probably 6 spots higher than that. Undrafted ECHLer Kaden Fulcher all the way up at number 15? Ahead of Ehn who is playing in the NHL, Petruzzelli who is a 3rd round pick and having a great year in the NCAA. Even to have Fulcher ahead of someone like Regula or Givani Smith seems pretty out to lunch to me.

The other 2 writers rankings seem pretty decent but hers not so much

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hockey writers rate the DRW prospects. Interesting that they say we could trade some D prospects. They also rate our top F's high.

https://thehockeywriters.com/detroit-red-wings-midseason-prospect-rankings/
I don't agree about the trading D prospects thing. IMO they're confusing quantity for quality. The Wings have a lot of guys, but few of them project as high level defensemen. The Wings are hanging onto so many defensemen not because they need a billion roster guys, but because they're really hoping 1-2 of them outpace their development and become something special. But they seemingly don't know which one it'll be, so they hang onto all of them.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I that Rachel writer on that seems out of touch with some of those prospects.

Undrafted, 5'8 Joe Hicketts who has shown he can maybe be a bottom pairing NHLer is ranked at number 5 one spot behind Cholowski while high picks like Lindstrom and McIsaac are all the way back at 11 and 12. McIsaac at 12 is pretty ridiculous too really, he should be probably 6 spots higher than that. Undrafted ECHLer Kaden Fulcher all the way up at number 15? Ahead of Ehn who is playing in the NHL, Petruzzelli who is a 3rd round pick and having a great year in the NCAA. Even to have Fulcher ahead of someone like Regula or Givani Smith seems pretty out to lunch to me.

The other 2 writers rankings seem pretty decent but hers not so much
I agree it seems she is off but (1) I don't think she is ranking the D only listing names in her paragraph on D, and (2) It's hard to rate goalies but Fulcher (& the Walleye) is having a realgud year so far. I am a fan of Givani so I'd rate him higher too. On another note Petro, Fulcher, & Rybar have all looked good in the very little bit that I've seen

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I don't agree about the trading D prospects thing. IMO they're confusing quantity for quality. The Wings have a lot of guys, but few of them project as high level defensemen. The Wings are hanging onto so many defensemen not because they need a billion roster guys, but because they're really hoping 1-2 of them outpace their development and become something special. But they seemingly don't know which one it'll be, so they hang onto all of them.
Yes, waiting for the cream to rise to the top. I don't see how you trade D prospects and get better F's in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->