Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Halifax won 10-2 today and I clicked in the game report expecting McIsaac to have some assists out of that and was shocked to find he had none. Go figure.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
A couple Euro updates today:

Kivenmaki with an assist today for the Assat U20 team.

Jesper Eliasson continues to play really well for the Vaxjo J20 team... 29 Saves in a 3-1 Win. His numbers continue to be very impressive... 2.20 GAA .928 SV

Just praying one of the 3 Top Goalie Prospects (even though they are years away)... Petruzzelli, Larsson & Eliasson... Can pan out into something

Reactions: Christien

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
"We had him extremely high on our board," Red Wings director of amateur scouting Tyler Wright said (about Joe Veleno). "We were targeting centers, and while I don't like to make comparisons, he skates like Dylan Larkin and he plays the game like Dylan Larkin."

Source

His motor is always running, that's what I like to see in his game.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
"We had him extremely high on our board," Red Wings director of amateur scouting Tyler Wright said (about Joe Veleno). "We were targeting centers, and while I don't like to make comparisons, he skates like Dylan Larkin and he plays the game like Dylan Larkin."

Source

His motor is always running, that's what I like to see in his game.

So...he's another Helm with hands? :sarcasm:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I feel like Veleno is being really overlooked in the WJC threads. Or maybe I'm just being a homer. Idk.

Can’t say I’ve read much of that thread. Tim Hunter, the head coach has said they want to be a fast team:

”The hallmark, and the way we’re going to play, our identity, is going to be fast hockey. Speed, with and without the puck, and we’re going to try to be one of the fastest Junior teams Canada has had” Tim Hunter said.

Given that, his history with Hockey Canada, overall game, offensive start and speed, it is difficult to fathom Joe not making the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I feel like Veleno is being really overlooked in the WJC threads. Or maybe I'm just being a homer. Idk.

Not overlooked, hes just not a complete lock. Most people think hes going to make the team as the third or fourth line center at least. Hes still young, a later first and had a pretty pedestrian u18 last year so people who watch a lot of HC take his u18s into account

Reactions: mantha39

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

No points so far... But looks like he is having a good game

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events