GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Los Angeles Kings | 10/7/2018 | 10:30PM ET | FSD

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
AA seemed to catch a case of Helm hands when it came to finishing tonight but had a very good game. He was buzzing in the 2nd and 3rd period (I missed the first).

Reactions: Filppula

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
AA is the Brett Lebda of forwards he's a good skater but that is about all he is good at. He misses so many good chances on a regular basis. He sure as hell isnt a center either put him back to wing.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Bernier sucks! He won't beat out Howard playing like that. A game where we looked good as a team and waste it from the goaltending standpoint. This was winnable.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
AA is the Brett Lebda of forwards he's a good skater but that is about all he is good at. He misses so many good chances on a regular basis. He sure as hell isnt a center either put him back to wing.

He was easily one of Detroit's best forwards tonight. Yeah, the puck didn't go in tonight. It happens.

Reactions: Filppula and masta8

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
AA seemed to catch a case of Helm hands when it came to finishing tonight but had a very good game. He was buzzing in the 2nd and 3rd period (I missed the first).

He was skating fast and misses lots of quality chances if u call that playing a good game and buzzing then you might want to redefine the word buzzing.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Story of the game
2 bad goals, no luck for AA, Cholo with 2 points.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Most improved for the Red Wings in the last five years: Chris Osgood

Remember when he first started and was awkward and dull as f***? Dude is actually a pretty decent analyst now.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
It happens on a regular basis with him.
Larkins line was the best line and it wasnt even close.
I agree I thought this line looked great tonight. Nyquist had bad puck luck tonight imo but he played very well I thought.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
And that'll do it

All in all, these are the kind of games we want the whole year. They didn't get blown out, but they came up a goal short. They weren't massively outshot either, so that's something.

Not a bad game for the team in my opinion

Reactions: jkutswings

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Rough game for the kids, but I think they handled it very well. Losing Daley almost from the get go, then being without Hrnoek for almost the entire third... Ouch.
Fun game to watch, gritty effort from our young Dmen. I also thought AA had a very good game. Without shitty puck luck and a few bad bounces he would have had a big impact on the final score. Props on him at the end of the game also; with 2 minutes left he was back and covering for a pinching d-man and made a nice defensive play behind the net.

Reactions: Filppula

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
He was skating fast and misses lots of quality chances if u call that playing a good game and buzzing then you might want to redefine the word buzzing.
No, I've got a good handle on what it is, thanks.

He did more than just skate fast.

He blew a golden opportunity on the breakaway but he's still the one who cut off the pass and broke it up in the first place. He was going hard to the net, he was backchecking. He was noticeable out there but actually in a good way.

What is people's deal with this guy?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
For a 20 year old picked in the latter half of the 1st round being tasked with first line duties, Cholowski has been very, very good.

He's obviously made mistakes that a 1st pairing guy wouldn't make... But he's much better than he should be.

Agreed. Cholowski has surprised everyone with his play he make mistakes sure but he always provides a lot of offense and makes some simple smart plays.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He was easily one of Detroit's best forwards tonight. Yeah, the puck didn't go in tonight. It happens.

He wasn't nearly as good as Bert, Larkin, Mantha, Nyquist, or Ehn (his defense is going to make LGD expendable). He was middle of the pack. Other than a breakaway he still made a ton of stupid decisions and shouldn't be a center.

Reactions: SoupGuru

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Bernier sucks! He won't beat out Howard playing like that. A game where we looked good as a team and waste it from the goaltending standpoint. This was winnable.
Bernier seems to have all the components to be a good starting goaltender but then he has these total brainfart moments that keep him from ever getting there.

Reactions: theYman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad